Texas Fishing Forum

Looks like Triton is going toreplace a bunch of boats

Posted By: Happykamper

Looks like Triton is going toreplace a bunch of boats - 03/19/16 02:43 PM

I have a 2014 Triton 21TRX, I guess that year model is being recalled, they will give me a brand new boat identical to what I have, they will mount my engine and all electronics back on the new boat, there is nothing wrong with mine but I guess the potential is there, something to do with delaminating, I am going to try and schedule mine for after October, usually in the woods most of Fall and Winter.
Posted By: Anchorman

Re: Looks like Triton is going toreplace a bunch of boats - 03/19/16 02:49 PM

Wow really? Geez that is going to put them out of business I would think. How many boats are effected by this recall?

Hopefully yours will turn out nice with no problems. But dang that is one heck of a recall.
Posted By: GROD

Re: Looks like Triton is going toreplace a bunch of boats - 03/19/16 02:52 PM

May keep them in business actually... Showing loyalty to their customer and assuring them they stand behind their product and will make things right no matter what the cost. Good move.
Posted By: RedRanger

Re: Looks like Triton is going toreplace a bunch of boats - 03/19/16 02:54 PM

It would be a good time to buy a used 2014
Posted By: T Bird

Re: Looks like Triton is going toreplace a bunch of boats - 03/19/16 03:03 PM

Their keeping it awful quiet. Can't find anything on the net about it.
Posted By: Preacher Ed

Re: Looks like Triton is going toreplace a bunch of boats - 03/19/16 03:04 PM

Do you think that boat/car manufacturers buy some kind of insurance policy against these type things?
Posted By: Kyle405

Re: Looks like Triton is going toreplace a bunch of boats - 03/19/16 03:08 PM

Didn't fishing holdings Inc (owner of Triton, Stratos and Ranger brands) get bought out by Tracker? If so you ain't bankrupting Johnny Morris and Co.
Posted By: 21elite

Re: Looks like Triton is going toreplace a bunch of boats - 03/19/16 03:51 PM

21trx built between June 2013 and June 2014 qualify for the recall
Posted By: PowerLizard

Re: Looks like Triton is going toreplace a bunch of boats - 03/19/16 03:54 PM

Originally Posted By: Kyle405
Didn't fishing holdings Inc (owner of Triton, Stratos and Ranger brands) get bought out by Tracker? If so you ain't bankrupting Johnny Morris and Co.

Yes, and then the management team quit, got fired or resigned a year later.
Posted By: C_Fisher

Re: Looks like Triton is going toreplace a bunch of boats - 03/19/16 03:55 PM

Originally Posted By: T Bird

Sounds like the Yamaha Sho "not a recall" recall on all of their 2010/2011 250s.
Posted By: 921 Phoenix

Re: Looks like Triton is going toreplace a bunch of boats - 03/19/16 04:46 PM

Originally Posted By: T Bird

http://tritonboats.com/21TrX_Replacement/
Posted By: furim2

Re: Looks like Triton is going toreplace a bunch of boats - 03/19/16 07:03 PM

Glad I have a '14 TR21 HP
Posted By: SC-001

Re: Looks like Triton is going toreplace a bunch of boats - 03/19/16 08:41 PM

I wonder how may 21TRX they built form june 2013 to june 2014?, thats crazy but at least they are making it right to their customers, props to them.
Posted By: Fast Lane

Re: Looks like Triton is going toreplace a bunch of boats - 03/19/16 09:49 PM

http://tritonboats.com/21TrX_Replacement/faqs.html

In June of 2013, our manufacturing facility began production of a new Triton model; 21 TrX. As part of this launch process, a different hull lamination schedule was used ONLY in the 21 TrX Triton hulls. In late June of 2014, we identified the new hull lamination schedule used only on the 21 TrX hulls had potential for cracking to occur near the rod locker areas in the bow section of the hull on the boat . In late June of 2014, we made the necessary corrections by going back to Triton's proven hull lamination schedule that had historically been used on the Triton 21' bass boats. There are no issues or concerns with any other Triton models. Triton 21 TrX models built after late June 2014 have the correct hull lamination schedule and do not have any issues or concerns.

Re: Looks like Triton is going toreplace a bunch of boats - 03/19/16 11:59 PM

Hell I am stoked, going to get a brand new 2017 model, I am going to sell my 2014 250 Pro XS, it only has about 150 hours on it, I will end up with a brand spanking new rig for like 10 grand, I feel like I hit the lottery.
Posted By: David Burton

Re: Looks like Triton is going toreplace a bunch of boats - 03/20/16 01:30 AM

I like Triton, and was considering buying one, but found a Skeeter instead... Only problem I have with all of this is how long it took them to make it right! They knew about it 2 years ago!

Re: Looks like Triton is going toreplace a bunch of boats - 03/20/16 01:49 AM

Originally Posted By: David Burton
I like Triton, and was considering buying one, but found a Skeeter instead... Only problem I have with all of this is how long it took them to make it right! They knew about it 2 years ago!

I have not heard a single word about the TRX having any issues, mine sure as hell does not, anyway I guess it could down the road so I am getting a new one, engine and all.
Posted By: Ken A.

Re: Looks like Triton is going toreplace a bunch of boats - 03/20/16 02:43 AM

Originally Posted By: Happykamper
Hell I am stoked, going to get a brand new 2017 model, I am going to sell my 2014 250 Pro XS, it only has about 150 hours on it, I will end up with a brand spanking new rig for like 10 grand, I feel like I hit the lottery.

I think it speaks volumes about the integrity of the company. They are doing the right thing. Good for you Roger!!
Posted By: Chris B

Re: Looks like Triton is going toreplace a bunch of boats - 03/20/16 02:48 AM

Well I'm pissed. How come Skeeter cant find anything wrong with their 2004 ZX225? I want a new boat. bang Glad to hear Triton is doing that for you.

Re: Looks like Triton is going toreplace a bunch of boats - 03/20/16 02:51 AM

Originally Posted By: Ken A.
Originally Posted By: Happykamper

I think it speaks volumes about the integrity of the company. They are doing the right thing. Good for you Roger!!

Thanks Ken, I am going to hang a 300 XS off the end of it. thumb
Posted By: rxkid2001

Re: Looks like Triton is going toreplace a bunch of boats - 03/20/16 04:57 AM

Good to see a big company stand behind their product.
Posted By: Mark Jones

Re: Looks like Triton is going toreplace a bunch of boats - 03/20/16 10:07 AM

Originally Posted By: David Burton

Ever think maybe they were attempting to handle these as warranty/repair issues on a case by case basis first? You don't typically go to defcon 1 right out of the gate and start with a total recall. It does say a lot about the brand regardless of the time frame. They're making it right and that's the bottom line.
Posted By: RedRanger

Re: Looks like Triton is going toreplace a bunch of boats - 03/20/16 11:31 AM

Originally Posted By: Chris B
Well I'm pissed. How come Skeeter cant find anything wrong with their 2004 ZX225? I want a new boat. bang Glad to hear Triton is doing that for you.

Skeeter would have to go out of business to take care of all the stress cracks.

Tney would have to replace almost every boat they made
Posted By: grout-scout

Re: Looks like Triton is going toreplace a bunch of boats - 03/20/16 01:44 PM

Originally Posted By: RedRanger

Sadly this is true and yes I own one.
Posted By: Yankee Fool

Re: Looks like Triton is going toreplace a bunch of boats - 03/20/16 02:17 PM

How much do you want for that motor?

Re: Looks like Triton is going toreplace a bunch of boats - 03/20/16 02:27 PM

I bought mine from a B A S S pro, I sure am glad I went ahead and paid the 100 dollars to transfer the warranty, it probably would not have mattered anyway, if it is a safety issue they would want to take care of it for sure. I have decided to go all new, even the trailer, so i will have engine, trailer, power poles, and electronics for sale down the road. I had been looking at Ranger and was going to take a peek at Phoenix for my next rig because Triton does not have a dealer right here close, now that this has happened I am going to try Diamond Sports or Texas Boat World, not too far of a drive to either of them.
Posted By: Brian McCarty

Re: Looks like Triton is going toreplace a bunch of boats - 03/21/16 01:40 AM

Good for Triton! Stand up response..To the OP, I don't believe you could go wrong dealing with Fred over at Diamond Sports Marine on a Triton!

Re: Looks like Triton is going toreplace a bunch of boats - 03/21/16 01:32 PM

Originally Posted By: Brian McCarty
Good for Triton! Stand up response..To the OP, I don't believe you could go wrong dealing with Fred over at Diamond Sports Marine on a Triton!

I had heard they wee good folks, thanks.
Posted By: patriot07

Re: Looks like Triton is going toreplace a bunch of boats - 03/21/16 02:07 PM

Good for you HK. I own a 1997 Triton and it's been fantastic. Not surprised to see the company stand up and do the right thing to take care of the customers.
Posted By: buton

Re: Looks like Triton is going toreplace a bunch of boats - 03/21/16 02:19 PM

cheaper than a class action.. i guess
Posted By: Bass&More

Re: Looks like Triton is going toreplace a bunch of boats - 03/21/16 02:38 PM

I had many a Waffle House breakfast with Earl Bentz back in the day. More companies need his type of leadership , integrity and character in the world today thumb thumb peep

Re: Looks like Triton is going toreplace a bunch of boats - 03/21/16 05:48 PM

Originally Posted By: Bass&More
I had many a Waffle House breakfast with Earl Bentz back in the day. More companies need his type of leadership , integrity and character in the world today thumb thumb peep

He is a class act for sure.
Posted By: R.J.E.

Re: Looks like Triton is going toreplace a bunch of boats - 03/21/16 06:13 PM

Originally Posted By: RedRanger

Between their stress cracks and bad trailer's I don't see how they command the price they ask for them.
Posted By: catch-n-release

Re: Looks like Triton is going toreplace a bunch of boats - 03/24/16 02:29 AM

Originally Posted By: Preacher Ed
Do you think that boat/car manufacturers buy some kind of insurance policy against these type things?

If they are not self insured they should have a product liability policy that would cover the replacement cost of the boats. They may still be on the hook for the motor and electronics change out though. Still shows a lot of integrity to replace with out lawsuit.
Posted By: jbjcf44

Re: Looks like Triton is going toreplace a bunch of boats - 03/24/16 03:23 AM

Hey happy camper, I am getting close to being in the market for a new motor. when your ready to trade let me know, you can reach me at 903-eight two one- 3466 my name is Jim. Thanks and look forward to hearing from you if you decide your going to sale your engine.

Re: Looks like Triton is going toreplace a bunch of boats - 03/24/16 12:09 PM

Originally Posted By: jbjcf44
Hey happy camper, I am getting close to being in the market for a new motor. when your ready to trade let me know, you can reach me at 903-eight two one- 3466 my name is Jim. Thanks and look forward to hearing from you if you decide your going to sale your engine.

Definately going to sell it, will holler when that happens.
Posted By: Dbranch3

Re: Looks like Triton is going toreplace a bunch of boats - 03/24/16 01:43 PM

I am poor, I wonder if they will sell the recalled boat hulls at a major reduced price, assuming I take full liability, I will take my chances!!
Would be my only chance at owning a 21'.
Anyone hear anything let me know please!
Posted By: DAN-O

Re: Looks like Triton is going toreplace a bunch of boats - 03/24/16 03:37 PM

am also curious about selling the used boat hulls at discounted prices...
Posted By: Flippin-Out

Re: Looks like Triton is going toreplace a bunch of boats - 03/24/16 04:16 PM

Most likely any policy for product liability would require that the reclaimed defective-risk hulls be destroyed. Additionally, Triton would not want those in circulation where they could damage the company reputation.
Posted By: Dbranch3

Re: Looks like Triton is going toreplace a bunch of boats - 03/24/16 06:49 PM

That makes since, but what a waste

Re: Looks like Triton is going toreplace a bunch of boats - 03/25/16 02:54 AM

They are destroying all of them, mine is perfect but if I want a new one it is going on the chopping block.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum