Texas Fishing Forum

Alvarado lake.

Posted By: Fat Shaft

Alvarado lake. - 03/17/16 02:56 AM

I have a tournament at Alvarado in a month and have never fished this lake before I know it's not very big lake but does it have pretty good fishing and what is an area I need to focus on. Any help would be appreciated.
Posted By: Ban-D

Re: Alvarado lake. - 03/17/16 04:18 AM

Just get in a single file line and fish the reeds,boat docks,and dam in that order with a tx rig or squarebill. Shakey head the docks if you're feeling it.
Posted By: John Stockman

Re: Alvarado lake. - 03/17/16 10:22 AM

Originally Posted By: Ban-D
Just get in a single file line and fish the reeds,boat docks,and dam in that order with a tx rig or squarebill. Shakey head the docks if you're feeling it.

^^^^This. I've had my best luck in the reeds on east side. They can't resist a Grandebass rattlesnake on that lake.
Posted By: JMac-D

Re: Alvarado lake. - 03/17/16 10:41 AM

Originally Posted By: Ban-D

This,
Posted By: GROD

Re: Alvarado lake. - 03/17/16 10:44 AM

Go pre-fish the lake... Can fish the entire thing nearly in one full day... Not a very difficult lake to understand in my opinion. It's a good little lake though with some pigs swimming around. Good luck
Posted By: Dr. Chase

Re: Alvarado lake. - 03/17/16 12:32 PM

its fishes shallow. id fish the end posts on the boat docks near the ramp too.
Posted By: Fat Shaft

Re: Alvarado lake. - 03/17/16 06:21 PM

Thanks yall. Gonna try and pre fish a little just not sure if I'll be able to make time. Appreciate the comments
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum