Texas Fishing Forum

Beds in the grass?

Posted By: Statton48

Beds in the grass? - 03/16/16 02:48 AM

went out today for a little fun fishing and had a blast. Fish were literally everywhere. Only problem I had was when I got around grass. I tried a beaver tx rig, tried a jig, tried wacky....nothing!! How in the world do you fish grass that you can't see but know is there and the fish are in it. It's only 1-2' deep if that in some spots. My best result was a fluke. Anybody have a tried and true method?
Posted By: Hobbs McAvoy

Re: Beds in the grass? - 03/16/16 02:54 AM

Small swim bait or frog
Posted By: timwins31

Re: Beds in the grass? - 03/16/16 03:27 AM

Frog over the top, a heavy weight/short leader drop shot for in the thick stuff. Use a chunky, shorter plastic on the drop shot like a craw or something similar. Craws in grass can be killer this time of year.
Posted By: FishTheBite

Re: Beds in the grass? - 03/16/16 03:37 AM

Hard to best a weightless fluke for the condition you are describing.

You could also try just about any kind of top water like a buzz bait, spook or a popper. A spinner bait retrieved just fast enough to tick the top of e grass would also be an option.
Posted By: ZX 250

Re: Beds in the grass? - 03/16/16 03:58 AM

Work a frog slow over the top when u think your on there bed pause it they will come unglued on it!!!! Good luck
Posted By: Statton48

Re: Beds in the grass? - 03/16/16 04:13 AM

Thanks fellas, through a frog a few times. Had one peanut try and murder it. Hard to put down the fluke though
Posted By: Danny L. Weems

Re: Beds in the grass? - 03/16/16 01:33 PM

Floating worm
Posted By: musiclife_7

Re: Beds in the grass? - 03/16/16 02:19 PM

chatterbait over the grass, frog as mentioned, also...don't forget the drop shot...more like a power shot....but it's great technique to use as it's not used often.
Posted By: 361V

Re: Beds in the grass? - 03/16/16 05:49 PM

Spinnerbait or chatterbait.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum