Texas Fishing Forum

Bob Sandlin

Posted By: ACUangler24

Bob Sandlin - 03/16/16 02:27 AM

Fishing bob sandlin for the first time tomorrow, any tips/tricks/promising points for this time of year would be greatly appreciated! water temps up to around 60 degrees, im thinking they (LMB) are fixing to spawn soon. Should make for some good fishing?
Posted By: Statton48

Re: Bob Sandlin - 03/16/16 12:14 PM

Haven't herd any great reports. Hope you do well, let us know how it was.
Posted By: fordnut

Re: Bob Sandlin - 03/16/16 01:02 PM

Been looking for information myself and have found somewhere between slim and none! What I would really like to find is a safe navigation trail from the railroad bridge to past 21 at least half way to the Cypress dam. I did find something on the internet that had latitude and longitude coordinates then I converted them to waypoints and that trail was up on the shoreline. Last time I was on the lake some 8 to 9 years ago it was about 10-12 feet low and I know there is a lot of timber out in the middle. Good luck and let us know how you did.
Posted By: UTDmiller

Re: Bob Sandlin - 03/16/16 01:14 PM

Lake was muddy saturday, plenty of fish were being caught but not many better fish were brought in. Lake is pretty high right now, a couple of weeks ago i heard a tournament was won sight fishing beds, then it rose a couple feet and got muddy.
Posted By: Allen Bass Fisher

Re: Bob Sandlin - 03/16/16 02:15 PM

This map shows the main boat lane on Sandlin. There is also a boat lane on the south shore but if you do not know it, don't run it. One point on the south boat lane can be tricky if the water is down a few feet. I copied this link from a different post.

https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=zC6tOpn_xH_s.k5KtvRTXsKYE
Posted By: Dbranch3

Re: Bob Sandlin - 03/16/16 04:25 PM

Thank you, I could never find that in the older post
Posted By: Txmedic033

Re: Bob Sandlin - 03/16/16 07:53 PM

Posted By: Txmedic033

Re: Bob Sandlin - 03/16/16 07:54 PM

welcome
Posted By: ACUangler24

Re: Bob Sandlin - 03/20/16 12:08 AM

Thank you all for your help! My buddy and I went out on Wednesday and caught 4 LMB, biggest about 17 in long. Fished shallow stayed below 10 ft all day. Black/chart divers and r-traps and texas rigged creature bait.

Posted By: coachmatt

Re: Bob Sandlin - 03/23/16 06:38 PM

Originally Posted By: Txmedic033

Does anyone have gps corrdinates from the end of this to the 1519 bridge?
Posted By: Randy Harrell

Re: Bob Sandlin - 03/24/16 02:12 AM

This looks the original map I shared last year. I shut down at the end of this trail. I've seen plenty run it all the way to 1519, but I just don't trust it past this last waypoint. As mentioned above, there are some areas you can run on the south side of the lake, but there some bad areas also. I stopped running a lot of the south side after seeing what's really there back in the drought.
Posted By: MarcM64

Re: Bob Sandlin - 03/24/16 02:40 AM

I usually shut down around 1/4 mile before I get to the bridge!
Posted By: Prat85

Re: Bob Sandlin - 03/26/16 10:40 PM

It's good fishing right now. Fish being caught from 1-6' just about anyway you want to catch them. Couldn't see any in beds but caught some on beds by just going down bank getting lucky. First time to the lake gave nothing bad to say about it at all caught around 15 plus bas. Temp start at 58-60 in the morning warmed up nice. Goodluck
Posted By: 94sktr

Re: Bob Sandlin - 03/28/16 06:47 PM

lake was muddy friday.
Posted By: J.P. Greeson

Re: Bob Sandlin - 03/28/16 07:12 PM

Originally Posted By: Randy Harrell
This looks the original map I shared last year. I shut down at the end of this trail. I've seen plenty run it all the way to 1519, but I just don't trust it past this last waypoint. As mentioned above, there are some areas you can run on the south side of the lake, but there some bad areas also. I stopped running a lot of the south side after seeing what's really there back in the drought.

There is nothing but open water if you stay pretty much in the center all the way to 1519 - it's wide open. I live on the lake near 1519 and run it all the time. There is a new dock on the major south point about where the map from above ends. You can see stickups that mark the edges all the way to 1519, but you have a huge 50 yards plus lane running all the way to 1519. When the water was down, there was nothing out there but grass. I see these questions all the time about running Sandlin and wonder why. The lake is 20 times easier to run than Fork.

Here's a very rough map showing what I am describing.

Posted By: TwoLakes

Re: Bob Sandlin - 03/28/16 08:38 PM

Thanks for the info JP. I'm in Texarkana and will start fishing Cypress and Bob Sandlin more often. It helps to see the line from google earth.
Posted By: TBassYates

Re: Bob Sandlin - 03/28/16 09:01 PM

Originally Posted By: J.P. Greeson
Originally Posted By: Randy Harrell

There is nothing but open water if you stay pretty much in the center all the way to 1519 - it's wide open. I live on the lake near 1519 and run it all the time. There is a new dock on the major south point about where the map from above ends. You can see stickups that mark the edges all the way to 1519, but you have a huge 50 yards plus lane running all the way to 1519. When the water was down, there was nothing out there but grass. I see these questions all the time about running Sandlin and wonder why. The lake is 20 times easier to run than Fork.

Here's a very rough map showing what I am describing.

There is a new dock on that point? Dang. Used to be a brush pile in the water on that point. Night fishing you could throw a 10" worm in there and almost always catch a decent fish. Also that little road that comes off of the edge held some fish also. Well, maybe the dock with just make it more productive.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum