Texas Fishing Forum

Table Rock

Posted By: kiamichisooner

Table Rock - 03/14/16 12:52 AM

Hey guys, taking the family to Big Cedar Lodge this week. Going to fish Table Rock all week. I have never been on the lake. Can any one give me any pointers.

Appreciate all responses.
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: Table Rock - 03/14/16 01:05 AM

Throw spring craw colored medium cranks in 5-10fow. Also use colored baits with purple in them. Don't know why....but purple works on that lake. Margarita mutilator Robo's. And green pumpkin tubes on the dam and secondary spill way for great smallmouth. Fish the island along the opening to Indian Point. Throw tubes onto the bank and let them fall off the underwater cliff.
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: Table Rock - 03/14/16 01:06 AM

Also...jig spoons at boat slips.
Posted By: krawlin 47

Re: Table Rock - 03/14/16 01:12 AM

Beautiful lake...we have a time stayed there a year ago...Pete Wenners is a good guide...watch his fishing report - he posts one every Wednesday.
Posted By: kiamichisooner

Re: Table Rock - 03/14/16 01:13 AM

Thanks! I'm going to try and get on some small mouth so the dam it is.
Posted By: mobasser

Re: Table Rock - 03/14/16 01:17 AM

Table rock has had a lot of rain this winter. It can have 20' or more of visibility at the dam but the water is unusually dingy on the lower lake now. I spent the last 3 days fishing there and the lake is turning on. Water temp is around 50 depending what area. The spro rock crawler in the red craw is catching them good in the lower half of the lake. The Baxter area is clearing up nicely and they are biting good on the A rig. The wiggle wart is always good in the spring on the Rock. Good luck.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum