Texas Fishing Forum

Lake Grapevine Conditions

Posted By: Joey J.

Lake Grapevine Conditions - 03/13/16 12:24 AM

I might go out on Grapevine tomorrow and wanted to know if anyone got out there today? If so, how bad was the water clarity and what were the temperatures in the areas you fished? I know it will be tough conditions, but I would like to get an idea before I go.

Thanks for any information you may have!!!
Posted By: Okie Poke

Re: Lake Grapevine Conditions - 03/13/16 02:02 AM

Only been there once in the last 4 months. Can't believe it but it's true. I would bet it's pretty nasty.
Posted By: LukeAnderson

Re: Lake Grapevine Conditions - 03/13/16 03:23 PM

grapevine just gets destroyed every time it rains and screws it up for like 2 to 3 weeks at a time. Still haven't had bites like it was this fall before the flooding again. Last time I was out water temp ranged from 55-59
Posted By: Finesse EMPEROR/ Dropshot King

Re: Lake Grapevine Conditions - 03/13/16 06:17 PM

14ft+ high right now probably very muddy which sucks on that lake.
Posted By: timwins31

Re: Lake Grapevine Conditions - 03/13/16 07:31 PM

Almost every lake is tough when it floods. . .but GV seems to be much worse than average. There's brutal and then there's GV brutal.
Posted By: KidKrappie

Re: Lake Grapevine Conditions - 03/14/16 12:01 AM

The south end was clear last Thursday. Not much rain fell since then so I would imagine it wouldn't have gotten muddy since.

Re: Lake Grapevine Conditions - 03/14/16 12:46 AM

I went out this afternoon and caught two ready to spawn fatties flipping Xcite Rapter Jr.'s into the tops of trees. I also caught a fat spot on a spinnerbait. Only fished for about two hours. Water temps in Silverlake ranged from 59 on the east side to 62 on the west side.

The fish will continue to be very confused for a while I think. I'm sure the corps will be releasing water again once Ray Roberts and Lewisville are brought down to pool.

Flipping plastics (Xcite Raptor's (the originals if you can find them or still might have some), Raptor Jr.'s) has been good for me even before this week's rain and rise in water level. Dark colors have been the key for me.
Posted By: timwins31

Re: Lake Grapevine Conditions - 03/14/16 02:16 AM

Damn that's better than I was expecting to hear. Nicely done. And those Excite Raptors are some of the best craws on the market. . .I caught my biggest sight fishing fish ever using one in bubble gum color. They're excellent flipping baits.

Thanks for the report!
Posted By: LukeAnderson

Re: Lake Grapevine Conditions - 03/14/16 04:11 AM

Solid brother. Thanks for the update. Wanted to get out since it was so nice but instead was with the Mrs. Cuz I fished yesterday lol.
Posted By: Jtunnell

Re: Lake Grapevine Conditions - 03/14/16 04:01 PM

I've been wanting to fish there for awhile now. Read a couple posts that you can't launch a boat right now? Where do you guys put in at?

Re: Lake Grapevine Conditions - 03/14/16 06:16 PM

I keep my boat stored at Silverlake dry storage, so I get to launch free. I believe that's the only ramp open right now. Launch fee is $20
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum