Texas Fishing Forum

Accident

Posted By: Pkguy

Accident - 03/11/16 11:14 PM

On my way to Monticello this morning about 9:30 when a dodge charger going too fast slammed into the back of my ranger boat. It knocked my motor completely off and nearly drove my boat into my pickup. Praise God no one was hurt.Pretty sure the Charger was totaled, as is my motor and most likely my boat. I was on I30 in Greenville. Apparently she was going too fast and lost control on the wet road. Please be careful out there.
Posted By: B.Hollingshead

Re: Accident - 03/11/16 11:18 PM

Man that sucks glad yall are ok those toys can be replaced, that is what always worries me is someone running in the back of my boat rather then hit my truck.
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: Accident - 03/11/16 11:27 PM

Sorry to hear it. Glad you're ok.

On the bright side....if you've been eyeing a boat upgrade, nows your chance to go for it.
Posted By: 361V

Re: Accident - 03/11/16 11:37 PM

My old 361v Ranger got taken out a couple years ago going to Monticello. Same senerio. Slowed down coming into town and got rear ended. Folded my receiver hitch under my truck. Boat slid down the freeway without trailer. Motor ripped off. Other truck totaled. Took three wreckers for the other truck, my boat and my trailer......Glad y'all were OK. Hope insurance is fair with you.
Posted By: Hog Jaw

Re: Accident - 03/11/16 11:41 PM

Buddy experience the same thing , insurance company was not very helpful .
Posted By: basscat dad

Re: Accident - 03/11/16 11:52 PM

mad i guarantee you she was on her cell phone texting somebody. very sorry for the loss of your boat. i'd have a real "you're not my real family fit" and make her insurance company ante up for a new boat.
Posted By: Okie Poke

Re: Accident - 03/11/16 11:59 PM

Just glad nobody was hurt......people just do not pay attention nowadays. I get a kick outta people always trying to pass me because they perceive me being slow due to towing a boat. That's when I try and blow past 'em and then slow down. Go enjoy a new boat...hope ins pays off well..
Posted By: Karl Dietz

Re: Accident - 03/12/16 12:03 AM

I was rear ended a year ago last weekend on my way to Lake Athens on I20 in Duncanville! Totaled my boat motor and trailer but no one was hurt!

I came out great with my insurance and was able to upgrade my boat!

Good luck with the insurance and don't take the first offers!
Posted By: djones03

Re: Accident - 03/12/16 12:07 AM

Sorry for being so naive on this, shouldn't the one at faults insurance cover both your truck damage and boat damage? Or are they just shafting you on "what its worth."

Re: Accident - 03/12/16 12:11 AM

I think she was going way too fast on a very wet road and lost control on a curve. I was in the right lane and she was in the left. I am an insurance agent for a well known company. I'm well insured on my policy but not so sure about hers. Everything will be fine. I had a high school fisherman and friend with me just glad they weren't hurt as well as the young lady driving the Charger. God is Good.
Posted By: Raettig

Re: Accident - 03/12/16 12:13 AM

If you got some prepaid tournaments paid for I will fish them with you,
also looking for partner for my club PM me. Sorry for your loss.
Posted By: johnnlucky

Re: Accident - 03/12/16 12:24 AM

Thank God everyone is ok. It scares me driving thru Dallas with my boat. I hate highway 30. My 28 year old stepson was going too fast and lost control and hit a brick mail box today. Lots of damage to the car and the mailbox but no injuries. I really hope it is a wake up call to slow down and pay attention.
Posted By: Bassfisherman1030

Re: Accident - 03/12/16 12:33 AM

Jeez. I'm sorry for your loss of the boat but definitely thank God that nobody was hurt. That would have made a bad situation much worse.
Posted By: ToadThrower

Re: Accident - 03/12/16 02:42 AM

Glad you and your passengers weren't hurt...and since you are an Insurance agent , I figure you hopefully will come out okay...sorry you didnt get to fish the tournament...I think this may have been your time to win..
Posted By: NickHasty

Re: Accident - 03/12/16 02:49 AM

Same thing happened to me on I-55 north out of Memphis. my outboard was getting drug behind my boat! the cables that connected to battery held on!

I'd recommend getting your truck in to a collision center, to make sure you frame isn't bent, or other damages haven't happened. My frame was slightly bent, the bumper was bent in, and the hitch was all jammed. up.

Good luck, and like others said, be patient with the insurance companies, and get what you deserve, don't settle for less than what you believe you deserve.
Posted By: whitecapping

Re: Accident - 03/12/16 03:45 AM

Glad everyone is ok
Posted By: Bobby Milam

Re: Accident - 03/12/16 03:54 AM

Bunch of idiots out there. I was driving to Fork last Saturday. Was in the middle lane and driving about 70. A semi was in the right lane and I was about to pass him and a car was in the left lane driving around 70 ish also. A small prius was behind the car to my left and didn't like the speed. Switched two lanes over to my right, barely missing my boat then sped around me and switched lanes between me and the semi. I still don't believe that he made it between us without scraping paint on both my front bumper and the semi. I laid into the horn and all he did was pull in front of the car in the left lane and wildly started waving his arms for that guy to move over.

It was one of those times where you wish the semi had just sat on his brakes. The guy deserved to wreck.
Posted By: Duck_Hunter

Re: Accident - 03/12/16 04:01 AM

Glad you weren't hurt. Hope you're taken care of and get a new boat.
Posted By: BassBucknBeer

Re: Accident - 03/12/16 01:34 PM

Couple of pics from your accident

Re: Accident - 03/12/16 01:55 PM

Yep that's it. The winch at the front of the boat is completely broken off, but I believe it kept the boat from going into the truck. Also a fire had started in the back end but we were able to extinguish pretty quickly.
Nobody hurt so all is good.
Posted By: Duck_Hunter

Re: Accident - 03/12/16 02:33 PM

Wow.
Posted By: Cast

Re: Accident - 03/12/16 02:44 PM

Y'all slow down please. This rain has folks driving crazy.
Posted By: High wide and heavy

Re: Accident - 03/12/16 03:20 PM

Ok I can see I have been living on borrowed time. My boat is 6 years old, paid for and in immaculate condition. I DONT HAVE INSURANCE! Who knows about this? I hear horror stories about insurance companies that don't pay. Does insurance cover the contents of your boat?
Posted By: plasma800

Re: Accident - 03/12/16 03:26 PM

shocked

Re: Accident - 03/12/16 04:54 PM

Yes my insurance does cover contents, fortunately they were not damaged.
Posted By: Mike Keenan

Re: Accident - 03/12/16 07:37 PM

I had a buddy loose his ranger the same way except it was on the ray Hubbard bridge years ago and he got hit by an 18 wheeler
Posted By: Devil Horse

Re: Accident - 03/12/16 08:14 PM

that outboard laying there looks pitiful
Posted By: Ken A.

Re: Accident - 03/12/16 09:26 PM

Mercury down!

Wow... Glad nobody was hurt. I bet the lady driving the Charger wet her pants when she finally looked up and saw your prop coming through her windshield!
Posted By: northtexascrappiehunter

Re: Accident - 03/12/16 10:58 PM

my insurance guy told me even though my boat is insured that if I was involved in a wreck pulling the boat on the road that it wouldnt matter if my boat had insurance my truck insurance would cover it.
Posted By: coachallentca

Re: Accident - 03/13/16 01:46 AM

Originally Posted By: northtexascrappiehunter
my insurance guy told me even though my boat is insured that if I was involved in a wreck pulling the boat on the road that it wouldnt matter if my boat had insurance my truck insurance would cover it.

That is correct.
Posted By: Nutman

Re: Accident - 03/13/16 10:21 AM

I have a great boat insurance policy,,,,,as good as my car & house.
you can get one written anyway you would like it. Just work with someone that understands bass boats and bass fishing. It helps.
Glad you were OK,,,,,"things" can be replaced, you can't.

Re: Accident - 03/13/16 10:35 PM

amen to that
Posted By: mpowell

Re: Accident - 03/14/16 02:41 AM

Gary:

Good grief, I saw the wreck on the service road on Friday while I was going home from the grocery store! I live a mile or so from where you were. I wish I had known, I would have stopped to lend you a hand (and an umbrella).

Sorry for the damage to your boat, but glad you're ok. I hope you have a good insurance agent. Lol.

Re: Accident - 03/14/16 02:54 AM

Thanks Mark, I was on my way to Monticello when it happened. It was a pretty sick feeling seeing that Mercury laying on the ground, but you're right I have a good insurance agent. The Greenville FD was there pretty fast and put out the small fire in my battery compartment. All and all just glad no one was hurt.
Posted By: coachallentca

Re: Accident - 03/14/16 02:56 AM

you needed a new boat anyway
Posted By: 361V

Re: Accident - 03/14/16 01:34 PM

Originally Posted By: coachallentca
you needed a new boat anyway
Well da! He does now. :-)
Posted By: Lone Star Ranger

Re: Accident - 03/15/16 12:55 AM

I was riding in the passenger seat when the accident occurred and just wanted to say great job Gary keeping control of the truck getting us off the highway and out of danger!!! This was critical as we also had a high school kid in the truck. Great job again and good luck on your search for a new boat!!!! Ranger of Course.....!!!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum