Texas Fishing Forum

TOLEDO BEND

Posted By: hamlet5

TOLEDO BEND - 03/11/16 06:15 PM

Planning a weekend trip later this year, would appreciate a cpl good tips or info on decent lodging, boat launch, etc.
Posted By: Bass_Bustin_Texan

Re: TOLEDO BEND - 03/11/16 06:24 PM

It's like 3 lakes in one, from river channels up north (muddier), to midlake stained water, to clear deep grass down south. Pic one area that fits your style then let me know and I can point you in a direction.

Several parks to camp at on Louisiana side(Cypress Bend is the biggest), few hotels on both sides, cabins/mobile homes all over.

Re: TOLEDO BEND - 03/11/16 06:37 PM

Mid-lake
Posted By: Bass_Bustin_Texan

Re: TOLEDO BEND - 03/11/16 06:40 PM

Cypress Bend for a campground, or nice hotel at the golf course there.

I used to have my camp at Alpine Marina. It was easy getting out of Palo Gaucho to the area of midlake.

Your looking at some of the best structure in the lake around there...maybe even a little grass....see what the raging flood does. C-rig, t-rig, cranks, drop shot, spoons.

Re: TOLEDO BEND - 03/11/16 06:43 PM

Thank you for the info
Posted By: tycteach

Re: TOLEDO BEND - 03/13/16 02:20 AM

If you end up going mid-lake, do a search for Emerald Cove Milam, TX. I think you will like the place and the rates. Boat ramp, fish cleaning station. Worth checking out.
Posted By: Der Vorsteher

Re: TOLEDO BEND - 03/13/16 02:30 AM

Holly Park Marina is mid lake and we enjoyed staying there.
Posted By: WAWI

Re: TOLEDO BEND - 03/13/16 03:15 AM

We stayed at cypress bend resort. Got a suite it was proper .

Re: TOLEDO BEND - 03/17/16 01:24 AM

Thx for all the info guys, really appreciate it
Posted By: Brian_Martin

Re: TOLEDO BEND - 03/17/16 03:14 AM

Bridge Bay Resort is located right at the three miles bridge pretty much the middle of the lake. Easy access to the north and south end. Great place ran by good people.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum