Texas Fishing Forum

Gary Yamamoto's Inn at BK Ranch

Posted By: CanadianChris

Gary Yamamoto's Inn at BK Ranch - 03/10/16 02:20 AM

Hoping anyone that has spent time there recently can shoot me a message. Thinking about doing some fishing there this spring and would appreciate your feedback.

Thanks,

Chris
Posted By: Fly chef

Re: Gary Yamamoto's Inn at BK Ranch - 03/10/16 04:46 AM

I have never heard of this but I want to go I can't believe it's only $85 a day
Posted By: Dub32

Re: Gary Yamamoto's Inn at BK Ranch - 03/10/16 06:09 AM

I'm interested in feedback from those that may have recently stayed there as well. Looking at booking a stay with group soon and would love to hear from others first.
Posted By: RickS.

Re: Gary Yamamoto's Inn at BK Ranch - 03/10/16 12:11 PM

It's been a few years, but I thought it was a nice place. The lodge is huge. Plenty of space. The area is kept up well. The water was crystal clear when I was there. Had to sneak up on the bass. If they spotted you it was over before it began. I was invited as a guest, so I couldn't say anything about prices. But, I will say that I enjoyed the day I spent out there. I always wanted to return.
Posted By: timwins31

Re: Gary Yamamoto's Inn at BK Ranch - 03/10/16 12:12 PM

Originally Posted By: Fly chef
I have never heard of this but I want to go I can't believe it's only $85 a day

If I'm not mistaken it's a 4 person, 2 day minimum as well. . .it is definitely cheap but maybe not as much as it seems.

So it's really more like $700.

All that said, I went there last summer on a trip Texas Instruments bought a few of the employees. It's a really cool place. Fishing was great. I threw a crank all day and never stopped getting bit. There were 6 of us, big fish was 9.2, all of us caught over 50 fish, almost all of them over 2.5lbs.

It's a fun place for sure.
Posted By: AdvTX

Re: Gary Yamamoto's Inn at BK Ranch - 03/10/16 01:03 PM

I heard a couple of the smaller ponds above the big pond dams broke and the water is chocolate milk. We went a few times 10 years ago and had fun.
Posted By: Nutman

Re: Gary Yamamoto's Inn at BK Ranch - 03/10/16 01:07 PM

I was also wondering about the place as I live right up the road from it.
From the website it does appear to be a 4 person 2 night minimum
I can't figure out the "meals" situation from the website.
Do they have a restaurant, do they feed you, do you cook your own ?
I can't tell.
??????????????
Posted By: Ken A.

Re: Gary Yamamoto's Inn at BK Ranch - 03/10/16 01:22 PM

I've been several times a few years back. Neat place. Gary & Beverly are really nice people. Call before you go. They used to allow catch & release fishing for a small fee even if you weren't staying at the inn.

They used to have a great restaurant but I think it closed. There were 5-6 small lakes and one large lake of about 50 acres. I fished them all. Some had small fish while others had better fish. Gary was actually on a giant dozer the day we were there building another lake.
Posted By: CanadianChris

Re: Gary Yamamoto's Inn at BK Ranch - 03/10/16 04:29 PM

Thanks for the comments. I am headed there in May for 4 days with my Dad and my brothers. Really looking forward to it. Assuming Senkos will be good lol
Posted By: Ken A.

Re: Gary Yamamoto's Inn at BK Ranch - 03/10/16 05:22 PM

Senkos will always work but I was there in late-Feb and they ate a spinnerbait really well.
Posted By: bigfishtx

Re: Gary Yamamoto's Inn at BK Ranch - 03/10/16 05:41 PM

http://www.innatbkranch.com/?page_id=15

$85/day.

I've been a couple of times, and will echo Ken A's statement that Gary and Beverly are outstanding people. The fishing was great and the lodge is top notch.
Posted By: 361V

Re: Gary Yamamoto's Inn at BK Ranch - 03/10/16 05:43 PM

Not crystal clear on the website as to what the room rates/minimum stays are. One says "one day minimum", "FISHING one day $85" then states "two day minimum room stay $150" . Assume thats "per night" which is fair and $85 with a Legend bass boat included is cheap enough. Going to have to call for accurate info. Cool looking place!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum