Texas Fishing Forum

Headed to Fork

Posted By: 21elite

Headed to Fork - 03/09/16 12:57 PM

My son and I will be headed to fork for the first time next week. We will be coming from west TX, where is the best place on the west side to unload and fish? Besides stumps what do we need to know about the lake? Thank you !
Posted By: BriannShell

Re: Headed to Fork - 03/09/16 12:59 PM

There is a public ramp on 17 just after you turn off 515. It will be on your left.
Posted By: ko bass attack 27

Re: Headed to Fork - 03/09/16 01:37 PM

My favorite ramp is at Mustang park. Take Hwy. 17 to T.J's car wash, turn east right across from the car wash and just go to you see the store on the left. It does cost three dollars to launch and you can pay the lady at the store or use the honor box outside the door. The ramp is somewhat secluded and they watch who comes in and out pretty close. You will be unloadin in Little Mustang wich has some excellent fishing and is centrally located to several other good areas. Good luck and yes the stumps are treacherous and with the lake being up are somewhat deceiving, if you aren't in the boat lanes idle speed is advisable.
Posted By: Nutman

Re: Headed to Fork - 03/09/16 01:40 PM

Originally Posted By: ko bass attack 27
My favorite ramp is at Mustang park. Take Hwy. 17 to T.J's car wash, turn east right across from the car wash and just go to you see the store on the left. It does cost three dollars to launch and you can pay the lady at the store or use the honor box outside the door. The ramp is somewhat secluded and they watch who comes in and out pretty close. You will be unloadin in Little Mustang wich has some excellent fishing and is centrally located to several other good areas. Good luck and yes the stumps are treacherous and with the lake being up are somewhat deceiving, if you aren't in the boat lanes idle speed is advisable.

GREAT INFO -- suggest the same
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum