Texas Fishing Forum

Pre-fishing approach?

Posted By: coachfish

Pre-fishing approach? - 03/02/16 04:47 PM

What is your pre-fishing approach the day directly before a tournament?
Posted By: NjTexan

Re: Pre-fishing approach? - 03/02/16 04:52 PM

At that point hopefully I have everything all loaded and ready so my main focus is annoying the boss just enough with my inattentiveness and lack of production so that when I mention leaving a little early, I'll get told to take off right after lunch.

Once I get work completely off my mind I can think about fishes and where those little suckers are going to be hanging out.

And double check that the beer has enough ice.
Posted By: slim 285

Re: Pre-fishing approach? - 03/02/16 06:03 PM

Stick one at most from a few areas. Then try not to stick the hook in anymore looking for similar water
Posted By: musiclife_7

Re: Pre-fishing approach? - 03/02/16 06:06 PM

It really depends on if you were able to pre-fish any other time. If you were, than I believe it's about hitting the areas that you feel "should" hold fish but didn't hit them in your previous trips. Should you find some fish, leave it alone and add it to your list of spots to hit. You should have 3-5 spots you are confident in.

If the day before is your only day to practice, I think you should do map study before hand and find spots that should hold fish for the season you are in. Once you have those spots, go to them and throw lures that will cover all levels of the water column until you get bit. Once you do, leave and try another similar area and see if you can repeat what you did. If it holds true you just discovered a pattern to use. If you don't find a pattern, I would fish where the fish "should" be and work hard. If you start finding fish in an area, don't over fish it as you will need it in the tourney.
Posted By: Squirrely Dan

Re: Pre-fishing approach? - 03/02/16 06:35 PM

Only time I get to fish is usually day or the tourney. But if I do get to pre fish I check the spots I know and don't set the hook. Then I go fun fish all the obvious spots
Posted By: J.H.S.

Re: Pre-fishing approach? - 03/02/16 08:35 PM

Catch as many as you can. Put them in the livewell. Snap a picture of you holding all 5 in the worst possible way. Brag to all your friends. Zero on tournament day because your "fish must have just shut off".
Posted By: WAWI

Re: Pre-fishing approach? - 03/02/16 09:12 PM

Originally Posted By: Josh Seale
Catch as many as you can. Put them in the livewell. Snap a picture of you holding all 5 in the worst possible way. Brag to all your friends. Zero on tournament day because your "fish must have just shut off".

Lol, I was about to type something like this. I would like to add that when you take the pics you post them here and the GPS was turned on so everyone on the web knows exactly where you caught them at
Posted By: Arkansas10 bass

Re: Pre-fishing approach? - 03/02/16 09:35 PM

Cleanest shallow water with structure I can find.
Posted By: I'm The Dude

Re: Pre-fishing approach? - 03/02/16 09:52 PM

Originally Posted By: Josh Seale

The only way to do it... thumb
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum