Texas Fishing Forum

Buzzbaits

Posted By: Do-Nothin

Buzzbaits - 03/02/16 04:02 PM

I used to love throwing a buzzbait, but haven't in a long time. What are your favorite Buzzbaits? Do you prefer a Clacker or no clacker?
Posted By: epicoutdoors

Re: Buzzbaits - 03/02/16 04:05 PM

A good squeaky Lunker Lure gets crushed.
Posted By: BigJohn

Re: Buzzbaits - 03/02/16 04:20 PM

Originally Posted By: Do-Nothin
I used to love throwing a buzzbait, but haven't in a long time. What are your favorite Buzzbaits? Do you prefer a Clacker or no clacker?

This is why our education system is going down hill. But here is a link to what you need to get. Really a good bait and holds up great. Plus they are a Texas company.

http://www.santonelures.com/store/store_product_detail.cfm?Product_ID=1&Category_ID=1

Re: Buzzbaits - 03/02/16 04:42 PM

Shots fired. Kids are writing a paper today in class, thank you for the concern though BigJohn! roflmao
Posted By: bigbass94

Re: Buzzbaits - 03/02/16 05:05 PM

D&M Delta Hammerhead

I usually throw these. I love em' because they have the oversized blades and that really creates a lot of disturbance. I like the way you can make it clack against the head or you can bend the wire out and not clack against the head. It comes with quality components and I've never had a problem with getting one to track true. They have lots of custom color combinations too!

D&M Buzz Saw

This is the one I throw over grass mats and lily pads. It comes through thick grass really well and I've never had a single problem with getting them up on plane. You can also thread a little grub on the back or your favorite trailer. Like the other buzzbait I mentioned above, these come in a lot of different colors as well.
Posted By: B-rader

Re: Buzzbaits - 03/02/16 05:08 PM

I like and still throw the old strike king 3 blade . They have a certain squeak in them that the fishes enjoy.
Posted By: Marooned

Re: Buzzbaits - 03/03/16 02:42 AM

I like the Cavitron Buzzbait and the Lunker Lure. Cavitron is my favorite (Tackle Warehouse).
Posted By: Mark Perry

Re: Buzzbaits - 03/03/16 02:44 AM

Its that time of year they are starting to eat the buzzbait. Actually caught some practicing on Toledo Bend early last month on the. Had some bites on them this week too. My all time favorite is a Reaction Innovations Squeaky Dolphin but they are hard to find. I throw a mix of them, Megabass, Revenge and a couple of homemade customs.
Posted By: Rob W.

Re: Buzzbaits - 03/03/16 03:14 AM

Hart buzz throb has caught many big bass for me over the years.
Posted By: WillieKetchum

Re: Buzzbaits - 03/03/16 03:41 AM

Originally Posted By: BigJohn

This is why our education system is going down hill. But here is a link to what you need to get. Really a good bait and holds up great. Plus they are a Texas company.

http://www.santonelures.com/store/store_product_detail.cfm?Product_ID=1&Category_ID=1

And this is why you shouldn't be a smart a$$ and talk smack about someone else's level of education.

Fixed it for you:
This is why our education system is going down hill. But Here is a link to what you need to get. It's really a good bait and holds up great. Plus They are a Texas company.
Posted By: papamark

Re: Buzzbaits - 03/03/16 07:10 AM

I throw my own, the Papa's Buzz

Posted By: T54

Re: Buzzbaits - 03/03/16 07:13 AM

Boogerman
Posted By: BigJohn

Re: Buzzbaits - 03/03/16 07:13 AM

Originally Posted By: WillieKetchum

And this is why you shouldn't be a smart a$$ and talk smack about someone else's level of education.

Fixed it for you:
This is why our education system is going down hill. But Here is a link to what you need to get. It's really a good bait and holds up great. Plus They are a Texas company.

Just so you know sir Do-Nothin is a good friend and a high school teacher and coach. My post wasn't about his level of education in any way. Funny you didn't even tell him what Buzzbait you like to throw but just jumped the gun and went straight to bashing me.
Posted By: Rudy Lackey

Re: Buzzbaits - 03/03/16 11:31 AM

Originally Posted By: epicoutdoors
A good squeaky Lunker Lure gets crushed.
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: Buzzbaits - 03/03/16 12:30 PM

Fixed it for you:

de
Posted By: reeltexan

Re: Buzzbaits - 03/03/16 12:57 PM

Coach, I failed to see any poor grammar, spelling or punctuation.

That said, me likey Lunker Lure, especially the 1/4 oz. unit with a copper blade.
I throw the 3/8 oz. or 1/2 oz. in heavier chop or really dirty water.
Posted By: Chris Borden

Re: Buzzbaits - 03/03/16 01:31 PM

Originally Posted By: Brad Hardt
I like and still throw the old strike king 3 blade . They have a certain squeak in them that the fishes enjoy.

Hard to beat the old sk buzzbait. Caught a lot of good fish on it back in the day.
Posted By: 361V

Re: Buzzbaits - 03/03/16 02:40 PM

Not sure who actually invented tho 1st buzzbait but Lunker Lure is the original as far as I'm concerned. All the others filled a nitch that didn't even exist. Original Lunker Lure is all you need! Chartruse/white in 1/2oz if you want to narrow it down to one!
Posted By: Gungle

Re: Buzzbaits - 03/03/16 03:12 PM

I just got a few Persuader Three Blade buzzbaits, although I haven't tried them yet.

Cheers, cheers

George

Re: Buzzbaits - 03/03/16 08:23 PM

Fixed it for you:

Lol, tap the brakes. No big deal, I've known BigJohn for awhile now. If you have any questions regarding hydrowave or TH marine products, he is your man. A word of caution though, smack talk is his part time job.
Posted By: hookedon

Re: Buzzbaits - 03/03/16 09:45 PM

Fixed it for you:

Wow, one in every crowd. Or should I say every post.

x2 on Santone
Posted By: dandeeks

Re: Buzzbaits - 03/03/16 11:03 PM

Fixed it for you:

hahahahaha
Posted By: AdvTX

Re: Buzzbaits - 03/03/16 11:20 PM

This bait was called Chatter Buzz and I've caught hundreds of fish on it they are now called Bass Alarm Buzzbaits http://www.bassalarm.com/category-s/1477.htm after each fish you have to re-tune it so the blade just nicks the head.
Posted By: MTTracker

Re: Buzzbaits - 03/03/16 11:31 PM

Cavitron and Boogerman are all I ever throw.
Posted By: jbaker33

Re: Buzzbaits - 03/04/16 02:13 AM

Since you will be in my boat this week, just thought I would throw my two pennies in!

When you come aboard the majestic Skeeter, you will find around 5 lunker lure buzz baits, in different colors, and in 3 different weights (some there are only 2). If you look in the compartment behind where you will be sitting (for now anyways), you will find Strike King double and triple blades. Should be around 15 or 20 that you can choose from! cheers Also, if you so feel the desire, I can stop at the local bait store that is within walking distance when you get here Monday! Can't wait brotha!!
Posted By: whitecapping

Re: Buzzbaits - 03/04/16 03:20 AM

Lunker Lure
https://www.lunkerlure.com/store/index.php/buzzbaits/original-lunker-lure-buzzbait-3-8oz.html
Posted By: Nathan "Bull" Montgomery

Re: Buzzbaits - 03/04/16 03:10 PM

Originally Posted By: MTTracker
Cavitron and Boogerman are all I ever throw.

Wisdom... These 2 will cover all your bases and flat out catch fish. Cavitron's have a great squeak straight out of the package.

Re: Buzzbaits - 03/04/16 05:06 PM

Originally Posted By: jbaker33
Since you will be in my boat this week, just thought I would throw my two pennies in!

When you come aboard the majestic Skeeter, you will find around 5 lunker lure buzz baits, in different colors, and in 3 different weights (some there are only 2). If you look in the compartment behind where you will be sitting (for now anyways), you will find Strike King double and triple blades. Should be around 15 or 20 that you can choose from! cheers Also, if you so feel the desire, I can stop at the local bait store that is within walking distance when you get here Monday! Can't wait brotha!!

So they are behind the driver's seat? roflmao
Posted By: Huckleberry

Re: Buzzbaits - 03/04/16 05:18 PM

Damiki, This one will get em .... !

© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum