Texas Fishing Forum

Ray Hubbard ?

Posted By: B.Hollingshead

Ray Hubbard ? - 02/29/16 12:13 AM

How safe is the main lake to run, heard north of some bridge is really stumpy towards the river, but how is main lake. Never been on or seen it. Headed out there next weekend. Thanks
Posted By: Pumadon

Re: Ray Hubbard ? - 02/29/16 12:31 AM

Main lake south of 30 is pretty safe there are some low water areas. Watch your maps. North of 30 on both sides are stumpy unless you know the areas, north of Miller rd idle only and north of hwy 66 is pretty much idle only. Unless you know the run to the river it is idle only.

Re: Ray Hubbard ? - 02/29/16 12:40 AM

If you launch at Chaha ramp it is idle only out of the ramp to 30 bridge. No docks at Darock rd ramp. Two good ramps at marinas but both Cost! Chandlers Landing is the best on the lake but somewhat high for launch fees. The other marina is over behind Snuffers. I can't remember the name. Pretty good ramp.
Posted By: B.Hollingshead

Re: Ray Hubbard ? - 02/29/16 01:28 AM

Thanks that is the info I was needing, now go find some fish. Is dalrock ramp the one on the south side of 30? Navionics doesn't show a name.

Re: Ray Hubbard ? - 02/29/16 01:53 AM

Yes just off 30 in middle of the lake to the south.
Posted By: JCBfromTHF

Re: Ray Hubbard ? - 02/29/16 02:00 AM

If I were you I would launch at Harbor Bay or Chandlers Landing. Crime at the public ramps is too high to risk coming back to a empty parking spot where your truck and trailer use to be. If you are lucky they may just break in to your truck and leave it there for you so you can get home.

Re: Ray Hubbard ? - 02/29/16 02:04 AM

Harbor bay is the one behind Snuffers. Because of what JCB is referencing is why I always launch at Chandlers.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum