Texas Fishing Forum

M L F

Posted By: crapyetr

M L F - 02/28/16 07:33 PM

nebody watchin'...next is sudden death...6 fishermen...3 go 2 the finals...nebody remember what the finals are...sudden death or total weight???
Posted By: WmSmith

Re: M L F - 02/28/16 09:04 PM

Finals are most weight wins.

I thought sudden death is target weight. First four that get that weight first advance
Posted By: SoCal Tom

Re: M L F - 02/28/16 11:52 PM

First three advance if they hit the target weight. If time runs out, the closest to it advance
Posted By: Kidde

Re: M L F - 02/29/16 12:06 AM

I've never watched a single episode. I just can't seem to get into fishing shows.
Posted By: Lil joe

Re: M L F - 02/29/16 03:24 AM

Originally Posted By: Kidde
I've never watched a single episode. I just can't seem to get into fishing shows.

Well don't watch MLF, it's like crack to bass fishermen roflmao
Posted By: ko bass attack 27

Re: M L F - 02/29/16 03:30 AM

Agree MLF is more than just a fishing show.
Posted By: Bill Durham

Re: M L F - 02/29/16 03:31 AM

MLF is not your average fishing show.. I enjoy it greatly to see those guys sweat and grind to catch a 14" fish. It is like crack!
Posted By: dflipper

Re: M L F - 02/29/16 04:22 AM

We had a guy's weekend with our buddies up at Rayburn this past weekend at our place. We went online and set up a two day event on the score tracker live and it was awesome! Fun knowing what everyone has throughout the day! My favorite fishing show by leaps and bounds!!!
Posted By: Bobby Milam

Re: M L F - 02/29/16 05:11 AM

Originally Posted By: Kidde

It isn't your run of the mill fishing show. It is somewhat pleasing to see them struggle to figure out what is going on with a pattern. No pre fishing, just head to the lake look around quickly and try to figure it out on the fly. Makes me not feel so bad when I am struggling because I usually have about the same amount of preparation as they do.
Posted By: TxRanger1

Re: M L F - 02/29/16 01:32 PM

Did anyone else see the Bigfoot come out of the woods on MLF. The camera caught him in the background for just a second or 2. Crack is right on this show. Even my wife will not miss it. I record it and she tells me not to watch it until she can.I think that it would be pretty fun to fish a tournament with that format.
Posted By: Fork Fanatic

Re: M L F - 02/29/16 01:58 PM

Best fishing show on TV. It definitely can be addicting. I record them all on my DVR.
Posted By: JIM SR.

Re: M L F - 02/29/16 02:07 PM

I like it,..it's not full of info-mercials each time they catch a fish.

fish
Posted By: ChampionDon (SkeeterDon)

Re: M L F - 02/29/16 04:52 PM

Anyone know how I can see Round one? I did not tape for me for some reason.
Posted By: rowlettfisherman

Re: M L F - 02/29/16 04:54 PM

I have Verizon. They don't want me to watch it! frown
Posted By: jseago

Re: M L F - 02/29/16 05:28 PM

My wife was flipping through the DVR yesterday and screamed...MAJOR LEAGUE FISHING! I have finally concluded her training.
Posted By: SoCal Tom

Re: M L F - 02/29/16 05:49 PM

Originally Posted By: jseago
My wife was flipping through the DVR yesterday and screamed...MAJOR LEAGUE FISHING! I have finally concluded her training.

roflmao That's some genius right there. My wife was rooting hard for Gary Klein yesterday as well. cheers

Re: M L F - 02/29/16 06:53 PM

Originally Posted By: rowlettfisherman

Download KODI, install it and watch anything you want to watch through it. If it has been on TV or at the movies, with KODI, you can watch it anytime you want.

Re: M L F - 02/29/16 06:54 PM

Am I the only one that saw Bigfoot while they were filming?
Posted By: Bassscout

Re: M L F - 02/29/16 07:45 PM

TxRanger1, I saw the Sasquatch!
My wife and I both love the show. I really enjoyed this last episode because Some of my favorite sticks won and were in the top 4.
Posted By: mikey6345

Re: M L F - 02/29/16 07:58 PM

I really like the format and feel like it is a lot better on the health of the fish. Seems like you could still use this software and format and capture the top five fish so you wouldn't have to drag them around all day in your livewell.
Posted By: Carbonlite

Re: M L F - 02/29/16 08:07 PM

The only one that plugs his sponcer is Gary klein. He uses his xo rod and reels because they are so smooth and like they really inprove his fish catching. Lol
Posted By: Patrol64

Re: M L F - 02/29/16 08:48 PM

My wife and I watch the show every week. We love yelling two minutes when there is a penalty. I enjoy watching the guy near the bottom come in first in the third period.
Posted By: texasbass1

Re: M L F - 02/29/16 09:42 PM

Watch it all the time, since the first episode on Amistad. Good show. Sasquatch was wearing an MLF jersey.
Posted By: joemac224

Re: M L F - 02/29/16 09:45 PM

Fun show to watch. I know a guy that is a camera man for the show and says it is even more fun in person. The guys are good guys, and its a laid back yet competitive format. They are doing it right!
Posted By: HasBen

Re: M L F - 02/29/16 09:50 PM

Really like the show. Don't a lot of the participants have partial ownership of the show? I think I read where 10 or 15 of the guys were original investors with Boyd Duckett the catalyst behind the whole concept. Someone hit a home run with the concept and the execution of the show.
Posted By: toddfish

Re: M L F - 03/01/16 12:45 AM

Best show ever!
Posted By: R&K

Re: M L F - 03/01/16 12:51 AM

Originally Posted By: toddfish
Best show ever!

Agreed
Posted By: Catchenbass12

Re: M L F - 03/01/16 01:09 AM

nice
Posted By: Bobby Milam

Re: M L F - 03/01/16 01:13 AM

[censored], noticed it hasn't taped in a week or two and just saw that I don't have that channel anymore!
Posted By: Superslab

Re: M L F - 03/01/16 02:10 AM

Awesome show - the bigfoot walking behind Marty Stone on the last episode was a great. I like the fact that the competition is strong and most pros quickly go with their confidence technique to get on the board. The format also allows you to get to know the personalities of the pros - good or bad.

Re: M L F - 03/01/16 03:16 PM

i mist the bigfoot...can u post a picture of it???

Re: M L F - 03/05/16 11:17 PM

KVD / Defoe / Hack attack made the 1st 3 of the finals...KVD/Defoe had 28 lbs at the beginnin' of the 2nd session...18 fish each i think...
Posted By: RJF1423

Re: M L F - 03/06/16 06:45 AM

Originally Posted By: TxRanger1
Originally Posted By: rowlettfisherman

Download KODI, install it and watch anything you want to watch through it. If it has been on TV or at the movies, with KODI, you can watch it anytime you want.
How do I do this???
Posted By: Rickmb

Re: M L F - 03/06/16 10:55 AM

My wife and I love the show. It is great fun to watch.
What I like best is that no matter what type of fishing is their strength they all have a shot.
The guy that catches 30 12" fish can actually win.
Wish it was easier to do local tournaments that way.

I would like to see them do some team events. Four guys on a team, two boats per team. Let them communicate, block the other team out. Could be really fun to watch.

Re: M L F - 03/13/16 12:40 PM

down 2 the final 6...what a gr8 show it was ystrdy...Faircloth was 1 oz away and nearly got edged out...all 3 winners ystrdy were Select anglers...
Posted By: west tex angler

Re: M L F - 03/13/16 01:49 PM

Never thought I'd get interested in fishing shows. They are kinda like watching golf or the grass grow. But, I can't miss this show and watch it every week.
Their format is easy on the fish's health, even giving a penalty for throwing your fish back in the water.
The competition is intense. I think a lot of tournaments will set up like this in the future.
I even broke down and ordered one of those weigh scales, because any I have even bought,,,suck.
I like the old guys, who are still gentlemen. Gary Klein, Dean Rojas, even old grouchy Tommy Biffle.
My favorite is Ott Defoe. They don't get mad and break equipment when things go wrong.
The other interesting thing is that 90% of the fish that they catch "turn on" at about the same time during the day of fishing. I'm always a firm believer of the old Soluner Tables.
Good luck to all.
Posted By: Black Bass Blake

Re: M L F - 03/13/16 07:45 PM

BobbyLane was so over confident after his good start. He was talking humble smack, ( you know the kind where your talking smack but don't want to look like your talking smack?) he even started talking about himself in third person. Kinda glad Faircloth pulled it out.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum