Texas Fishing Forum

Naconiche, Pinkston, Kurth???

Posted By: Dr JL

Naconiche, Pinkston, Kurth??? - 02/28/16 03:57 PM

What's the word? Any reports on spawn, etc.
Don't hear much about those three lately.
Posted By: Lynn Stanford

Re: Naconiche, Pinkston, Kurth??? - 02/29/16 04:07 AM

I would not fish any of these lakes. wink
Posted By: K.D.

Re: Naconiche, Pinkston, Kurth??? - 02/29/16 04:14 AM

I'll be fishing 2 of the 3 starting Tuesday and till Friday. Staying at naconichefarms.com

I'm pretty pumped about it and have absolutely no experience on any of them. Gonna go blind and see what I can develop over the course of a few days
Posted By: NickHasty

Re: Naconiche, Pinkston, Kurth??? - 02/29/16 04:16 AM

id guess they're biting
Posted By: Jason Burton Guide Service

Re: Naconiche, Pinkston, Kurth??? - 02/29/16 12:45 PM

Naconiche is fishing very good right now. See my post in the plug section under finch nasty baits. We had a great day out there Friday. Biggest about 7#. Go to the far upper end of the lake and throw a thumper all day! We also saw several fish on beds.
Posted By: CCTX

Re: Naconiche, Pinkston, Kurth??? - 02/29/16 01:39 PM

Originally Posted By: K.D.
I'll be fishing 2 of the 3 starting Tuesday and till Friday. Staying at naconichefarms.com

I'm pretty pumped about it and have absolutely no experience on any of them. Gonna go blind and see what I can develop over the course of a few days

Jealous, have a great time out there.
Posted By: Dr JL

Re: Naconiche, Pinkston, Kurth??? - 02/29/16 06:35 PM

Thanks for the input. Good luck to K.D.
Posted By: Rayzor

Re: Naconiche, Pinkston, Kurth??? - 03/01/16 01:59 AM

Unless you can find a way to go the Lufkin City Hall between the hours of 8:00am and 4:30 Monday thru Friday to buy a permit, you can scratch Kurt off of that list. It's kind of hard for me to get one since I live in NW Houston and I work during the week. I would find one day in January to go to Lufkin to buy a year-round pass but it's just too difficult for me to fish in the hot months. It get tremendously overgrown. They do not sell 3-day passes at the caretakers house anymore. I have heard that the caretaker's health has been failing and they stopped selling them. If this is true, I sincerely wish for God's speed in recovery. They are very good people. I loved fishing that lake.

I would not be alone in thinking that there are some local influential people that fish that lake that like it be almost private. There are several different locks on the chain at the entrance gate. I have not fished every lake in Texas but I do not know of a single major lake (other than McQueeney) that is so difficult to access. Most lakes have a honor box. There isn't even a sign for Lake Kurth on Hwy 59. They put a sign for the lake off the highway at Rivercrest and Kurth Lake road.

Hmmmm....
Posted By: Jarrett Latta

Re: Naconiche, Pinkston, Kurth??? - 03/01/16 02:27 AM

I've been fishing kurth since the late 90's. Never had a problem getting in and don't know of anyone else who has. Fishing can be good but nothing like it was before lufkin took it over and the pros started guiding
Posted By: Rayzor

Re: Naconiche, Pinkston, Kurth??? - 03/02/16 12:45 AM

Originally Posted By: Jaret Latta
I've been fishing kurth since the late 90's. Never had a problem getting in and don't know of anyone else who has. Fishing can be good but nothing like it was before lufkin took it over and the pros started guiding

Jaret, I am glad you are not having a problem gaining access to Kurth. The big difference between you and I is that you live probably 30 minutes from Lufkin and I live 2 hours away. You can only go to city hall to get a pass Monday thru Friday. I am not going to drive 4 hours round trip after taking a weekday off to get a minimum 3-day pass.

I hope those of you that live close by continue to enjoy the lake.
Posted By: Jarrett Latta

Re: Naconiche, Pinkston, Kurth??? - 03/02/16 01:50 AM

I live in Austin...
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum