Texas Fishing Forum

Classic Must-Sees

Posted By: CoyAintNoGoldFish

Classic Must-Sees - 02/25/16 01:04 PM

This will be my first Classic to attend. For those who have gone before, is there anything I want to make sure not to miss??
Posted By: basscat dad

Re: Classic Must-Sees - 02/25/16 01:12 PM

take your time and stroll around all the exhibits...more than once. tulsa is a small venue so not sure if all the usual people will be there.
go to the web site and look at the vendor list.

Re: Classic Must-Sees - 02/25/16 01:19 PM

There's no doubt I'll be all over the expo. What about take off's, demo rides, etc. is that stuff worth it?
Posted By: slim 285

Re: Classic Must-Sees - 02/25/16 03:03 PM

If you are going you might as well see all there is see.

Re: Classic Must-Sees - 02/25/16 10:33 PM

I just don't know what all there is haha. Don't want to miss anything.
Posted By: BassAddic

Re: Classic Must-Sees - 02/28/16 02:36 AM

Poppin My Cherry as well this year!!! I'm taking the Wifey and 2yr old son and bringing lots of napkins to carry with me so I can keep up with wiping the drool off of my face 😎
Posted By: papamark

Re: Classic Must-Sees - 02/28/16 08:29 AM

Originally Posted By: BassAddic
Poppin My Cherry as well this year!!! I'm taking the Wifey and 2yr old son and bringing lots of napkins to carry with me so I can keep up with wiping the drool off of my face 😎

roflmao

I am going , if nothing else than to pester Zona for 3 days - woot
Posted By: 1442

Re: Classic Must-Sees - 02/28/16 04:49 PM

I went to the Classic in Shreveport.
I've never been to any event, including rock concerts that was as loud as the racket made during the weigh in on the final day.
I would recommend hearing protection for the kids in case it gets any where near as loud as it was in Shreveport. I'm bringing some earplugs myself just in case.

The final day weigh in is a must see for the excitement it generates among the crowd and the anglers.
The expo at Shreveport was awesome. Skeet Reese didn't qualify that year and he is my nephews favorite Elite pro and spent a lot of time talking to my nephew and anyone else that cared to visit with him. Several other pros where available for conversation as well and they all where very courteous and willing to talk and take pics and stuff. That was my favorite part of the whole deal, just associating with the anglers and other big names in the fishing world.

This year I am going because my nephew( the one who talked with Skeet) and his partner have qualified to fish the High school classic and will be weighing in on that stage on the final day. So that is the biggest by far must see for me this year.
If you see me there stop and say hi! I'll be the one crying tears of joy unable to control my composure.
Posted By: Tony_Wornick

Re: Classic Must-Sees - 02/28/16 06:35 PM

Originally Posted By: slim 285
If you are going you might as well see all there is see.

This. There will be shuttle busses running from the expo to the launch site in the mornings, but you can also drive. It's about an hour drive to get to the launch site if staying close to the expo. Weigh-in is attached to the expo building.
If your favorite angler isn't fishing, there'll be a good chance you will see him on the expo floor.
Posted By: Debra Hengst

Re: Classic Must-Sees - 02/28/16 06:44 PM

Originally Posted By: CoyAintNoGoldFish
This will be my first Classic to attend. For those who have gone before, is there anything I want to make sure not to miss??

http://www.tulsaworld.com/sportsextra/ou...99d3643c86.html

Lots of info on the link posted....Enjoy and say "Hi" ... See you there smile

Debra smile
Posted By: Debra Hengst

Re: Classic Must-Sees - 02/28/16 09:27 PM

Pretty cool fly-over of the weeks events...

http://launch.newsinc.com/share.html?trackingGroup=69017&siteSection=ndn&videoId=30309396

Debra smile
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum