Texas Fishing Forum

Low Lip on the Nitro

Posted By: Coach Jaywhy

Low Lip on the Nitro - 02/24/16 04:49 PM

I knew it would get me eventually and it finally did this last Saturday at Squaw during the HS tournament. I swung the fish in, it popped off the hook and hit the deck. One little jump from it and there went my a-rig rod right into 10-15 ft of water! I tried to find it but the wind made it difficult to pinpoint where it went in. If anyone happened to come across an 8 ft heavy action veritas with an a rig tied on i would really appreciate getting it back.

Anybody else have a problem with the low lip on the deck of the Nitro? Is there any attachment that can be put on to help?
Posted By: Corey C. Metroplex Insurance

Re: Low Lip on the Nitro - 02/24/16 05:13 PM

That sucks man... I often think about that, I'd been swimming for sure.
Posted By: DedShort

Re: Low Lip on the Nitro - 02/24/16 05:36 PM

been there, its not fun
Posted By: Jaguar6

Re: Low Lip on the Nitro - 02/24/16 05:52 PM

Yup... Fished out of a friends Z-7 in a tournament. Swung a fish in, took the fish off, opened the rod box to grab the ruler to make sure it was legal and heard a splash... Thought my partner had a fish too but when I looked I saw the tip of my rod go sinking down to the bottom... Only boat this has happened to me in... Was probably one of my best setups too.
Posted By: David Burton

Re: Low Lip on the Nitro - 02/24/16 09:38 PM

I'll be out there for the first time for the MBC tourney this weekend. Send cooirdinaates where you caught fish lost the rod. I'll drag, if I find it, I'll let you know!

hooked
Posted By: Jake Shannon(Skeet4Life)

Re: Low Lip on the Nitro - 02/24/16 09:49 PM

Skeeter is the same way you just learn not to open rod boxes with out making sure rods are out of way. Have had a couple buddies almost loose stuff because they didnt think about it.
Posted By: BMCD

Re: Low Lip on the Nitro - 02/24/16 10:04 PM

Lost 1 when running in calm conditions. Knew I was taking a chance running with rod in the position it was in. I still like the low gun wall height. Just try to keep rods strapped in even when fishing.
Posted By: swalker9513

Re: Low Lip on the Nitro - 02/24/16 10:07 PM

Originally Posted By: Coach Jaywhy
Is there any attachment that can be put on to help?

I think they're called rod straps.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum