Texas Fishing Forum

Lake Leon

Posted By: CoyAintNoGoldFish

Lake Leon - 02/23/16 02:57 AM

Anyone fished Leon and know what the water temps are? Thinking about going out there this weekend
Posted By: basspromaster

Re: Lake Leon - 02/23/16 09:53 AM

Great lake! Not to sure on the current conditions but this time of year the sandbags are starting to spawn and then the lab and crappie so it should be getting very close. I'd say if the weather stays warm within a week or so it should be full blown!

Re: Lake Leon - 02/23/16 11:05 AM

Nice! I'm thinking you're right. If the temps are in the low 60s, we could be looking at an awesome trip. It's a pretty dirty lake, so I figure it would warm up pretty fast.
Posted By: ColtonB

Re: Lake Leon - 02/23/16 01:19 PM

Went out last Saturday did decent towards the dam with a shaky head. They are moving up most caught at 6 feetish.
Posted By: txduckcommander

Re: Lake Leon - 02/23/16 03:05 PM

Im going to be out there as well this weekend. Looking forward to a beautiful weekend.

Re: Lake Leon - 02/23/16 03:28 PM

Nice! Thanks for the info Colton! Im planning on wrecking some prespawners! txduckcommander, I'll be in a blue champ! See you on the lake!

Re: Lake Leon - 02/23/16 03:49 PM

I will be in a white skeeter. Going to leave Stephenville around 7 or so in the morning. Im ready to catch some pigs. If I run into on the lake ill be sure to say hello!

Re: Lake Leon - 02/23/16 06:38 PM

For sure. I was going to fish the BLT this weekend on Alan Henry, but my partner fell through. I'd rather go catch a bunch of 2-6 lbers than go catch 50 10" spots.

Re: Lake Leon - 02/23/16 06:43 PM

I might fish PK and Hubbard when BLT is there. Never fished Alan Henry and I don't want to donate my money. Im going to fish that tourney on Leon April 9th.

Re: Lake Leon - 02/23/16 07:19 PM

Man! I'd love to do that. Who is running it? Sadly, I might be between boats by that point

Re: Lake Leon - 02/23/16 07:33 PM

Its for the Eastland High School I believe. Outdoor Specialties is the one that is putting it on. Going to be some pigs caught that weekend.
Posted By: Nathyn H

Re: Lake Leon - 02/25/16 02:28 AM

Last weekend water temps were 55-56 main lake and 57-60 north and 64-65 in a certain area that's not gonna be talked about. Lol

Re: Lake Leon - 02/25/16 03:16 AM

Ahhhh! Man. I'm so torn. All of my fun fishing buddies bailed on me for Leon so now I can either fish a BLT with a guy I don't really know or fish Leon by myself. Spawning temps are SO tempting!!!
Posted By: capt grumpy

Re: Lake Leon - 02/25/16 04:21 PM

Fish BLT fish will bite.
Posted By: Jaguar6

Re: Lake Leon - 02/25/16 05:20 PM

Leon will be tough after these last few cold days and rain. Gonna take a few days to recover. Ill be out there soon enough, hopefully itll be somewhat coming back.

Re: Lake Leon - 02/25/16 10:32 PM

Haha. I think that's what I'll end up doing. I think they'll bite at Leon by Saturday, but AH should be a fun event and I think I can cash a check
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum