Texas Fishing Forum

Lake Fork This Weekend

Posted By: Billy_Lawson

Lake Fork This Weekend - 02/22/16 07:18 PM

Had a great time with return customers Eric and Joseph. We were able to get some bites off and on throughout the day and Joseph bested dad catching the best of the day. All these fish were caught in shallow water and finding the areas with the most and healthiest vegetation, mainly coontail, was the key to finding fish. All our bites came on shallow cranks in craw and shad patterns. Water temps we fished were 57-61.

Also on a quick scout with a friend I was able to fish the convict swimbait made by Smashtech. This is a big soft plastic swimbait that can be rigged completely weedless and as I found out will swim right through the grass very well. It will be an awesome tool this spring and I look forward to learning more about this bait and sharing this bite with my customers. They are available at Oak Ridge Marina and Lake Fork Marina.

On my 3rd cast with the convict I caught this fish. If you'd like to go out with me and check this thing out this spring I still have a few March dates available. Just give me a call or click on a link in my signature and shoot me a message. Thanks and good luck out there, hope this helps.

Posted By: bsouth401

Re: Lake Fork This Weekend - 02/22/16 08:57 PM

It was good to see you again this past Saturday.

Re: Lake Fork This Weekend - 02/23/16 12:21 AM

Thanks Brian, appreciate y'all letting me sit in on dinner with y'all. See ya soon bud
Posted By: ChrisBlackmon95

Re: Lake Fork This Weekend - 02/23/16 01:02 PM

Yeah buddy! Got me several in the mail yesterday!!! Good job brother
Posted By: FlippinMad

Re: Lake Fork This Weekend - 02/23/16 03:46 PM

That Smashtech Swimbait is the best one I have found yet!! No other big swimbait on the market glides thru vegetation like it!! Good to see the youngster out fishing pops.. Well done Billy!

Re: Lake Fork This Weekend - 02/23/16 09:12 PM

Originally Posted By: ChrisBlackmon95
Yeah buddy! Got me several in the mail yesterday!!! Good job brother

Can't wait to throw them with you this weekend bud. Wait til you see this thing in the water

Re: Lake Fork This Weekend - 02/23/16 09:13 PM

Originally Posted By: FlippinMad
That Smashtech Swimbait is the best one I have found yet!! No other big swimbait on the market glides thru vegetation like it!! Good to see the youngster out fishing pops.. Well done Billy!

Them t bend bass ain't gonna know what hit em in a couple's weeks bud
Posted By: Austin710

Re: Lake Fork This Weekend - 02/23/16 09:39 PM

Man I'm gonna have to take some of the crankbaits I've been making out there to test them

Re: Lake Fork This Weekend - 02/24/16 12:16 AM

Here's a video of the swimbait catch for you guys

https://youtu.be/sRVGbkiXsMs
Posted By: Trickster

Re: Lake Fork This Weekend - 02/24/16 02:49 PM

thumb
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum