Texas Fishing Forum

Good Private Bass Lake

Posted By: CanadianChris

Good Private Bass Lake - 02/22/16 03:44 PM

My brother is getting married and is interested in doing a bass fishing trip to Texas as a quasi bachelor get away. He is looking for a 'private' lake experience(we cant afford Camelot Bell etc). Looking for accommodations, meals and fishing for 2-3 days for 4 guys. Can you guys recommend so places that we can look into?

Thanks,

Chris
Posted By: epicoutdoors

Re: Good Private Bass Lake - 02/22/16 04:04 PM

Three days with a guide down at Falcon or one of the Mexico lakes is a good bet for a memorable trip.
Posted By: RedRanger

Re: Good Private Bass Lake - 02/22/16 04:31 PM

Originally Posted By: epicoutdoors
Three days with a guide down at Falcon or one of the Mexico lakes is a good bet for a memorable trip.

Agreed........
Posted By: Jobie99

Re: Good Private Bass Lake - 02/22/16 05:03 PM

If you decide on the Falcon recommendation check out my place. It's setup for guys who want a nicer experience looking to get away and with 4 people it's only a few bucks more than 2 hotel rooms.
Posted By: Rocky Robison

Re: Good Private Bass Lake - 02/22/16 11:06 PM

Check on the Inn at B K Ranch in Palestine. It's Gary Yamamoto's place.
Posted By: Andrew Y'Barbo

Re: Good Private Bass Lake - 02/23/16 03:59 AM

Moody ranch is good. If you can afford it Umphrey's would be the best.
Posted By: basspromaster

Re: Good Private Bass Lake - 02/23/16 09:03 AM

Ruff creek
Posted By: sight fisher

Re: Good Private Bass Lake - 02/23/16 12:50 PM

Moody Ranch is my vote. Filmed an episode of Honey Hole Outdoors in 23 minutes nonstop out there.
Posted By: Ken A.

Re: Good Private Bass Lake - 02/23/16 01:32 PM

Rough Creek is a very nice place but if you can't afford Camelot Bell, you don't want to go to RC with 4 guys to stay 3 nights either.
Posted By: JacksonBean

Re: Good Private Bass Lake - 02/23/16 02:12 PM

Originally Posted By: Ken A.
Rough Creek is a very nice place but if you can't afford Camelot Bell, you don't want to go to RC with 4 guys to stay 3 nights either.

Amen on that. In fact, someone in our club just caught a big fish out there (DD I believe) but they are VERY proud of that place so you'll pay through the nose.

But..... It might be worth you checking. If you can go mid week I think it's more reasonable, and I use that term loosely.

(254) 965-3700
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum