Texas Fishing Forum

Power Pole Question?

Posted By: Fork Fanatic

Power Pole Question? - 02/22/16 02:01 AM

I just replaced all my batteries in my boat and after hooking them all back up my power pole pump runs non stop. I had to disconnect it from the cranking battery to get it to shut off. Somebody told me you have to re- program it after disconnecting it from the battery but I don't have a clue how to do that. Just wondering if this has ever happened to any of you and what I could try to fix it. I'm planning on calling Power Pole tomorrow but would like to get it fixed tonight if possible. Thanks for your help.

Re: Power Pole Question? - 02/22/16 03:28 PM

Anybody??
Posted By: KB1953

Re: Power Pole Question? - 02/22/16 03:35 PM

Contact Power Pole, great customer service.
Posted By: Transplant

Re: Power Pole Question? - 02/22/16 08:15 PM

Don't know about that but FYI: When they installed mine they put a re-settable breaker in line..
Posted By: Texascajun69

Re: Power Pole Question? - 02/22/16 10:07 PM

The paperwork that comes with your Powerpole tells you how to re-program. Usually it is press down on the button on top of the pump till it starts blinking. Then press and hold the remote you are connecting until it stops blinking. ONe thing to remember, I have one foot switch that will sometimes freeze in the on position and the pump will keep running. I have to tap on it a couple of times to get it to turn off. This could be a problem also.

One other point. The powerpole pump processor will draw electricity from your battery ALL THE TIME. I would recommend putting a on/off switch in the red lean going to the pump. This will also prevent it from accidently deploying when you don't want it to. Like 75mph on the freeway. A switch only costs 3 or 4 dollars and can be purchased at any automotive parts house.

Re: Power Pole Question? - 02/22/16 11:50 PM

Thanks for the info. I do have a Perko switch that cuts all the power to my boat. I called Power Pole today and they were very helpful. I haven't got to try it yet because it's been pouring rain all evening but think I can fix it now. There customer service was great. This also is the first problem I've had and was caused by me changing out the batteries.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum