Texas Fishing Forum

alabama rod?

Posted By: GERRY GARRETT

alabama rod? - 02/21/16 09:57 PM

whats a good alabama rig rod?thats not $250-$300?
Posted By: bigbass94

Re: alabama rod? - 02/22/16 12:22 AM

iRod Genesis II

One of the most under-rated Alabama rig rods right here... I don't why because they're fantastic. The IRG783SB is a fantastic choice. This rod is sensitive and very well balanced. Probably the best feature of this rod is the handle; it's super comfortable and very user friendly for hurling out big baits like swimbaits or A-rigs. I highly recommend you try this rod because it has A LOT of features for only a $150 price tag.
Posted By: Rayzor

Re: alabama rod? - 02/22/16 01:37 AM

Skeet Reese rods have taken a lot of flak in the past. I have never had any problems with my yellow A-rig rod.
Posted By: 361V

Re: alabama rod? - 02/22/16 01:43 AM

I have several Dobyns Champion rods and really like them. Didn't want to invest near that much in a swimbait and A-rig rod so I bought a Dobyns Fury 795 SB. Was scepticle of a $120 Dobyns but really like it for both.
Posted By: JoshJones1984

Re: alabama rod? - 02/22/16 01:53 AM

Originally Posted By: 361V
I bought a Dobyns Fury 795 SB. Was scepticle of a $120 Dobyns but really like it for both.

I also bought the Dobyn's Fury- I've enjoyed the heck out of it so far. Can throw that contraption all day ezpz.
Posted By: C.J

Re: alabama rod? - 02/22/16 02:49 AM

You should really check out Power Tackle Rods. if you have any questions about the rods just shoot me a message.
https://www1.powertackle.com/products/ro...lla-rig-special
Posted By: Kidde

Re: alabama rod? - 02/22/16 02:51 AM

Please don't spend that kind of money on an A-rig rod until you've found and tried this -

All -Star
P# - TAS907FSX

It's the very best I've found for throwing heavy and light a-rigs. Plenty of backbone to sling it a mile AND handle big fish, yet forgiving and sensitive enough to not make you tired doing it. I've landed double 6's on the a-rig on this rod and she handles like a champ. I have 2 of them and wouldn't ever think of using anything else after trying a ton of other rods.
Posted By: 5basslimit

Re: alabama rod? - 02/22/16 02:52 AM

Abu Garcia Veritas 7'11 x heavy very tough rods can handle anything you throw at them and their only 100$
Posted By: The Rodfather

Re: alabama rod? - 02/22/16 03:24 AM

Cabelas Tournament ZX Rod, it's 7'9" rated for up to 4oz.and it's only $99, I've been very pleased with this rod so far. If all your going to use it for it's Arigs, no need to worry about sensitivity, when they smash it you will know. This rod also has the tennis grip handles which it's really nice for grip when slinging those heavy rigs.
Posted By: BASS420

Re: alabama rod? - 02/22/16 06:23 AM

7'11 veracity by Abu Garcia. A price step up from the veritas. Extra heavy rod with micro guides. Sick rod. But couldn't beat a dobyns for 120$ either. The veracity was 150$ but very well made. Paired with the revo winch Gen three is hard to beat.
Posted By: GERRY GARRETT

Re: alabama rod? - 02/25/16 03:01 AM

thanks for help
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum