Texas Fishing Forum

LAKE CONROE BOAT CRASH TURNS DEADLY

Posted By: John175☮

LAKE CONROE BOAT CRASH TURNS DEADLY - 02/20/16 08:29 PM

Be careful out there. Prayers for those involved and their families.

"With two bass tournaments in full swing Saturday morning, tragedy struck on the north side of Lake Conroe. Two experienced boaters in bass boats were traveling just off Scott’s Ridge. Apparently one operator was about to make a turn and the other operator attempted to do the same. Instead of the normal separation. both boats collided almost head-on. One of the boats almost cut the other in two. When Montgomery Fire Department Fire Boat first arrived on the scene CPR was being performed on a male in his 50’s/ That male passed away at the scene."

http://montgomerycountypolicereporter.com/lake-conroe-boat-crash-turns-deadly-video/
Posted By: Ken A.

Re: LAKE CONROE BOAT CRASH TURNS DEADLY - 02/20/16 08:37 PM

That is tragic. Prayers for the family.
Posted By: BoomBoom

Re: LAKE CONROE BOAT CRASH TURNS DEADLY - 02/20/16 08:39 PM

That is so sad. Prayers for both families. I can't imagine what they are going through. On a side note, I wasn't even aware that tournaments went out of Scott's Ridge.
Posted By: horseplaydvm

Re: LAKE CONROE BOAT CRASH TURNS DEADLY - 02/20/16 08:52 PM

Originally Posted By: Ken A.
Posted By: Dude Lebowski

Re: LAKE CONROE BOAT CRASH TURNS DEADLY - 02/20/16 09:19 PM

That is where the accident occurred. They were probably launching from a different ramp. This is very sad. Be careful out there everybody. We need to watch out for each other. We are all in this together.
Posted By: RayBob

Re: LAKE CONROE BOAT CRASH TURNS DEADLY - 02/20/16 09:25 PM

Originally Posted By: horseplaydvm
Originally Posted By: Ken A.
Posted By: Fast Lane

Re: LAKE CONROE BOAT CRASH TURNS DEADLY - 02/21/16 12:45 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=uGGRl4bc4fY
Posted By: BThomas

Re: LAKE CONROE BOAT CRASH TURNS DEADLY - 02/21/16 01:45 AM

Very Sad, Prayers for all involved.

It seems like there are multiple accidents on Conroe every year.
Posted By: pYr8

Re: LAKE CONROE BOAT CRASH TURNS DEADLY - 02/21/16 05:16 PM

A sad day indeed. Both were in the B.A.S.S. Nation tourney, which I was in. Launch was out of Stow-A-Way Marina, straight across the lake. Weigh-in was very somber, heads hanging low... I left early.
Prayer out to the decedent, his family & all involved, a very sad day in the bass tournament world...
Posted By: GERRY GARRETT

Re: LAKE CONROE BOAT CRASH TURNS DEADLY - 02/21/16 10:07 PM

prayers sent to all involved .and survivors as well
Posted By: arbassangler78

Re: LAKE CONROE BOAT CRASH TURNS DEADLY - 02/21/16 10:40 PM

Prayers for those involved and their families
Posted By: toddfish

Re: LAKE CONROE BOAT CRASH TURNS DEADLY - 02/22/16 01:34 AM

Tragic. I can't even imagine what these people are going through. Prayers going up
Posted By: Black Bass Blake

Re: LAKE CONROE BOAT CRASH TURNS DEADLY - 02/22/16 02:05 AM

Prayers for the families. Sad
Posted By: Barrett

Re: LAKE CONROE BOAT CRASH TURNS DEADLY - 02/22/16 03:09 AM

Prayers to the victim. On a side note people need to slow way down or learn how trim affects the slide out on a boat. I about had a head on collision on toldedo bend this wknd. Guy hit a 90 degree boat lane turn trimmed way too high and at 70 mph. Slid out on my side big time. I saw it coming and thankfully slowed down and let him look like an idiot.
Posted By: Texascajun69

Re: LAKE CONROE BOAT CRASH TURNS DEADLY - 02/22/16 09:36 PM

Mike was a fellow member of the Katy Bassmasters. I spend 30 minutes talking to him just before take off. I didn't learn until later in the day he had passed. As a Reliability Engr. who does failure analysis for a living I would like to point out a few things. Not to place any blame, but to educate to prevent this from happening to others. As the boats approached each other they started weaving not sure which way the other was going to pass on. According to witnesses neither boat slowed down until just before impact. Here a few things that would have prevented the accident. (1)- SLOW DOWN anytime there is doubt about what is happening, (2) Rule of the road- when in doubt always go right, (3) Make a visible sign in the direction you are going to reduce the unknown. I personally will bump my chest and then point the direction I am going. I will do it several times until I am sure the other person has seen it.
Mike will be missed by many people.
Posted By: King.

Re: LAKE CONROE BOAT CRASH TURNS DEADLY - 02/22/16 10:40 PM

I was fishing at the mouth of a creek on the north side of Caney and heard the crash. It sounded like a bomb went off. I whipped my head around to see what happened and saw the aftermath. My heart sank when i realized what happened. I did not assist as there were many boats on scene helping. Very sad day. My prayers are with all the family's involved.
Posted By: Compassman

Re: LAKE CONROE BOAT CRASH TURNS DEADLY - 02/22/16 11:14 PM

A fellow Katy Bassmaster member David Tyroch, has stated a gofundme page that will later be given to Michael's wife, Judy. Everything raised during this campaign will go directly to her and help with whatever it can. We know money does not fix this, nor will it replace the loss of a good man, but it can help none the less with expenses related to this horrible incident.

https://www.gofundme.com/m-conaway-memorial
Posted By: Razorback

Re: LAKE CONROE BOAT CRASH TURNS DEADLY - 02/23/16 12:25 AM

What a tragedy and a shame. We all need to slow down, especially when we're near other boats. When traveling one mile the difference between 70 mph and 55 mph is only a few seconds. How many times is that going to cost us even one fish? Not enough to risk someone losing his life.
Posted By: T54

Re: LAKE CONROE BOAT CRASH TURNS DEADLY - 02/23/16 12:45 AM

There was also a death on Toledo Bend last weekend. Be safe out there folks.
Posted By: Worm Dunk

Re: LAKE CONROE BOAT CRASH TURNS DEADLY - 02/23/16 02:33 AM

There was an ambulance at Black Brush on Amistad this past sunday too.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum