Texas Fishing Forum

Ray Roberts Report 02/16

Posted By: B-Deuces

Ray Roberts Report 02/16 - 02/17/16 09:50 PM

Fished from 9am-4pm

Water temps in the morning were 48-49, when i left the water most places were around 51 with an occasional 52.

Water where i fished had about 2ft clarity, some places less because the wind was stirring the water up.

Fished most of the day shallow and found 0 fish. moved to the 5-8ft range and still couldnt get bit.

moved out to the 10-12ft and found a nice fish on my second cast to that depth on an orange belly craw red eye shad 1/2oz.

marked a few more fish at that range but was tired of the wind so i called it day.

did find a few grass patches, yes you read correctly, grass on ray roberts near Johnson park in 6ft of water. if that will spread around i sure would be happy.

hopefully someone else can give better insight as to where the fish are because i struggled!
Posted By: Texjef84

Re: Ray Roberts Report 02/16 - 02/18/16 01:53 AM

Thanks for the update. I've only fished this lake once and it was this time last year after a frontal passage with wind rain and colder temps which led to very little fish. I hope to fish this lake one day and have some luck, if so I'm reporting back that night to the forum
Posted By: skeeterfan

Re: Ray Roberts Report 02/16 - 02/18/16 02:56 AM

Tough lake in January and February. Another week of warm weather and they may move up a little shallower.
Posted By: Jake Shannon(Skeet4Life)

Re: Ray Roberts Report 02/16 - 02/18/16 03:39 AM

Roberts usually has a late spawn really seem to kick into gear around April
Posted By: Bradshuflin aka hunter'sdad

Re: Ray Roberts Report 02/16 - 02/18/16 03:44 AM

Spawn won't be as late this year, unless we have a big cold front come through. I think you will start seein more fish in the shallows by Saturday water temp is coming up quickly.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum