Texas Fishing Forum

XCalibur?

Posted By: Jaguar6

XCalibur? - 02/17/16 03:04 PM

Anyone finding this brand still? I can find a few lipless cranks every now and then but I loved their jerkbaits and haven't found any in a very long time!
Posted By: catslayer

Re: XCalibur? - 02/17/16 03:08 PM

find the square bills at academy, or used too... I'm stocked up and haven't looked in a while
Posted By: Easy Fisherman

Re: XCalibur? - 02/17/16 03:24 PM

Pradco owns them and you can find the same lipless baits in their other brand lines - they consolidated the excaliber lures but are still made under a different name
Posted By: Brian McCarty

Re: XCalibur? - 02/17/16 03:25 PM

Look at Gander Mountain and Ebay. Also try calling Ann's Tackle Shop in Lufkin. Pretty good chance she has some. She will ship.
Posted By: Crash DeVerle

Re: XCalibur? - 02/17/16 04:48 PM

Originally Posted By: Easy Fisherman
Pradco owns them and you can find the same lipless baits in their other brand lines - they consolidated the excaliber lures but are still made under a different name

Booyah sells the traps (multiple rattle and one knocker). Paint jobs are slightly different, but not enough to really make a difference in my opinion.
Posted By: BrudBass

Re: XCalibur? - 02/17/16 11:09 PM

Originally Posted By: Crash DeVerle
Booyah sells the traps (multiple rattle and one knocker). Paint jobs are slightly different, but not enough to really make a difference in my opinion.

Crash DeVerle is correct.

I use only the XCalibur lipless cranks and I purchased several Booyah lipless cranks to test the theory that the Booyah baits were the same as the previous XCalibur brand. The colors are slightly different in my favorite colors, like Rayburn red and gold, but they fish the same (change out the hooks though). I am very happy to have this option and not have to pay eBay prices on the XCalibur ones.

See XCalibur eBay prices here: http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200-...d=824&kw=lg
Posted By: BThomas

Re: XCalibur? - 02/17/16 11:42 PM

This topic was discussed last year around March. I emailed Pradco on March 17, 2015 and they confirmed that the the XCalibur line was going away.

excerpt from the email.

>
> Thank you for contacting us. This is actually correct. The xcaclibur brand
lures are going away. If we can assist you any other way please let us know.
>
> Thanks,
Posted By: TOMCAT21

Re: XCalibur? - 02/18/16 12:21 AM

Lost my last XRK25 in Toledo Gold last week. I almost cried.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum