Texas Fishing Forum

Gibbons creek lake help?

Posted By: Jammin Outdoors

Gibbons creek lake help? - 02/16/16 10:39 PM

Any information would help? Ramp price, park price, fishing tactics, is it a power plant lake?, water temps. etc
Posted By: DALE W

Re: Gibbons creek lake help? - 02/16/16 10:51 PM

Cash only ramp. only open Friday to Sunday, power plant lake. Last time I was there in late January I don't think they were generating tho. I've always has good luck with a blue and white spinner bait in shallow water around grass and timber.

Re: Gibbons creek lake help? - 02/16/16 11:03 PM

Ramp price?
Posted By: wootersbassin

Re: Gibbons creek lake help? - 02/16/16 11:10 PM

the place has huge fish
Posted By: Flippin-Out

Re: Gibbons creek lake help? - 02/16/16 11:45 PM

Gibbons Creek was all the rage in its early years but faltered badly. Many consider it not worth the gas to get there (even at today's prices). Beware there is lots of shallow water with a high concentration of stumps. Of all the powerplant lakes I have visited in two states in my lifetime, I rate Gibbons wayyy below all others in quality/experience. I'm curious if anyone has discovered any indication of a rebound out of the low ranks given to it by many in the last decade or so.

Re: Gibbons creek lake help? - 02/17/16 12:02 AM

What is the ramp price? Park website has no price for ramp
Posted By: shotgunwilly

Re: Gibbons creek lake help? - 02/17/16 12:10 AM

Gibbons creek has lots of very nice fish in it. They will absolutely stack up in certain areas.
Posted By: BassColonel

Re: Gibbons creek lake help? - 02/17/16 01:06 AM

$5 to get in the gate. Don is usually at the front gate and he is a great guy.
Posted By: atxbassman

Re: Gibbons creek lake help? - 02/20/16 03:05 PM

I fished it yesterday. It was the first time I've been on Gibbons. It was awesome out there. Caught 15 fish in 4 hours of fishing. Only one fish under 2 pounds. I highly recommend this lake.
Posted By: DALE W

Re: Gibbons creek lake help? - 02/20/16 04:24 PM

What did you catch them on? I'm about to head out there myself
Posted By: twstephens77

Re: Gibbons creek lake help? - 02/20/16 11:52 PM

Bite was pretty good this morning on big Texas-rigged watermelon red worms. Got 4 today, only one under 3 pounds, biggest 4.5.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum