Texas Fishing Forum

Anyone tried this ???

Posted By: Nutman

Anyone tried this ??? - 02/16/16 09:16 PM

Originally Posted By: Danny L. Weems

Me and my partner fish in separate boats all day and neither one of us had a bite nor saw a fish get caught.
It was like fishing in the Dead Sea!

Partners,,,,,, fishing in separate boats.
Interesting concept. 2 boat team covering twice the water.
Looked at rules for several trails and have not seen anyone that makes it illegal
What about the no communication part of rules ?
Can you phone your partner if you get on fish and want him to come to your location ?

Anyone ever try this as a season long strategy ?

Re: Anyone tried this ??? - 02/16/16 09:23 PM

popcorn
Posted By: westtexgolfer

Re: Anyone tried this ??? - 02/16/16 09:26 PM

de hammer popcorn2
Posted By: Fish hunter 59

Re: Anyone tried this ??? - 02/16/16 09:27 PM

Never saw a team tourney where you were allowed to fish from seperate boats! I know USA Fishing Trail, Texas Team Trail and Bass Champs wouldn't allow it!

Agree Nuts! OMG
Posted By: z7x374

Re: Anyone tried this ??? - 02/16/16 09:27 PM

Never heard of that in a tournament but my partner and I do that all all the time during practice.

Im sure theres a phrase in the rules somewhere along the lines of 1 team per boat.

Edit: Now after reading the Media Bass thread and his post and checking the website, it seems like they were not fishing the tournament, probably just out fun fishing or prefishing and they happen to be tournament partners.

http://mediabass.com/2k16/TX/FORK/1.shtml
Posted By: Fish hunter 59

Re: Anyone tried this ??? - 02/16/16 09:30 PM

Never heard of that in a tournament but my partner and I do that all all the time during practice.

Im sure theres a phrase in the rules somewhere along the lines of 1 team per boat.
+1
Posted By: kellisag

Re: Anyone tried this ??? - 02/16/16 09:38 PM

Where did he say he was in a tournament?

Side note, was your response on the Fork thread not enough? Decided you should start a new thread stating the same thing?
Posted By: COHLMEYER

Re: Anyone tried this ??? - 02/16/16 09:39 PM

It wasn't a tournament.
Posted By: Chad Hill

Re: Anyone tried this ??? - 02/16/16 10:07 PM

I bet he meant during practice. And yes we do that sometimes as well during practice. You can cover more water for sure, but its more expensive or at least for us it has been.
Posted By: Jarrett Latta

Re: Anyone tried this ??? - 02/16/16 10:07 PM

Not a tournament. Most teams practice from 2 boats in the big trails
Posted By: bogey♂

Re: Anyone tried this ??? - 02/16/16 10:09 PM

You might get DQ'd for having more than 5 in the livewell. I am pretty sure that you can't do it anyway.
Posted By: Ranger1

Re: Anyone tried this ??? - 02/16/16 10:16 PM

It appears to me that Nutman is just stirring the pot here guys, he knows from the other thread this guy was not in the tournament.
stir

Re: Anyone tried this ??? - 02/16/16 10:30 PM

I wasn't trying to stir the pot or anything else.
I posed a legitimate question.
I thought it might be a pretty good strategy, if not against any rules.
I have yet to find any tournament rules that say it "cannot" be done.
why would this not be a good idea ?
why does everyone read the negative into it ?

Re: Anyone tried this ??? - 02/16/16 10:37 PM

and since Danny posted that on the Media Tournament results thread I just "assumed" he was fishing in the tournament and they didn't get a bite all day,,,,,,but if I "assumed" wrong,,,,, well I just assumed wrong.
But the premise and "question" (not condemnation) still stands.
would that be a good strategy for partners to fish different spots during a tournament.

and KENT;
if I want to start a thread with that question posed I guess I can.....thank you very much.
Posted By: 04champ

Re: Anyone tried this ??? - 02/16/16 10:51 PM

From the Media Bass website:

14. Team Trail allows no more than two persons per boat. Individual Trail allows no more than one person per boat (with exception for Little and League Contestants). All persons in a boat must be a registered contestant.

I think it is understood that each entry fee corresponds to a boat and one limit of fish from that boat, not two guys fishing wherever and however they want.
Posted By: beeflover

Re: Anyone tried this ??? - 02/16/16 11:08 PM

yeah a tourney where each team needs two $40K boats, that would sure cut out the riff raff...
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum