Texas Fishing Forum

Helix 7 vs HDS7 vs Garmin 73...all SI, pros/cons????

Posted By: tbucket101

Helix 7 vs HDS7 vs Garmin 73...all SI, pros/cons???? - 02/16/16 04:00 AM

Comparing these 3 units, but with no actual run time behind any of them, wondering what some of your opinions are to make a decision based on actual opinions and comparisons from those that have used them.
Posted By: Kyle405

Re: Helix 7 vs HDS7 vs Garmin 73...all SI, pros/cons???? - 02/16/16 04:06 AM

Go to bass pro and get hands on. They aren't the cheapest for them but go in there and look over each model. Even though it's demo mode, at least you can see the layouts, features and screen sizes. Then do your homework online and find the best deal.
Posted By: Frank the Tank

Re: Helix 7 vs HDS7 vs Garmin 73...all SI, pros/cons???? - 02/16/16 04:35 AM

Originally Posted By: Kyle405
Go to bass pro and get hands on. They aren't the cheapest for them but go in there and look over each model. Even though it's demo mode, at least you can see the layouts, features and screen sizes. Then do your homework online and find the best deal.

Can't you give you much better advice than this ^^^^^^. I have run birds and Lowrance, I like certain aspects of Lowrance like their "out of the box" 2D better, but the extra transducer, price, and reliability keep me with Birds, but I am going to look at Garmin as well and decide between Garmin and the Helix for my next.
Posted By: Roll Tide Ranger

Re: Helix 7 vs HDS7 vs Garmin 73...all SI, pros/cons???? - 02/16/16 06:07 AM

I have run Lowrance only and never owned a Hummingbird but I went by Shut Up and Fish today to pick up a Balzout mount from David and he showed me his Helix and I gotta say I was quite impressed with it. He walked me through a few of the simple settings and the clarity of the picture and brightness was very nice.
Posted By: Tyler.Woods

Re: Helix 7 vs HDS7 vs Garmin 73...all SI, pros/cons???? - 02/16/16 04:05 PM

I love my Helix 7. It's got SI and DI and with the Lake master chip its hard to beat the price for a great unit with Si and Di. $700.00 for the unit and $120 for the Lake master micro chip.
Posted By: DJB

Re: Helix 7 vs HDS7 vs Garmin 73...all SI, pros/cons???? - 02/16/16 04:21 PM

Don't work for or sell em .garmin is my vote and I have a helix and a 73v
Posted By: Fishingking

Re: Helix 7 vs HDS7 vs Garmin 73...all SI, pros/cons???? - 02/16/16 05:20 PM

Helix 7 gets my vote
Posted By: Pine Mills Tracker

Re: Helix 7 vs HDS7 vs Garmin 73...all SI, pros/cons???? - 02/16/16 06:53 PM

I was torn between the Helix 7 or the Garmin 73sv. Went ahead and bought the Garmin 73SV at Bass Pro for $540 with the lake maps included. Its being installed right now. BPS did have some negative comments on the Helix but they may have been pushing the Garmins during their classic sale. I read nothing but positives reviews on both.
Posted By: ring fry

Re: Helix 7 vs HDS7 vs Garmin 73...all SI, pros/cons???? - 02/16/16 07:32 PM

Pine, you will love your 73sv. So easy to use and one helluva price.

SE Kansas grass grower
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum