Texas Fishing Forum

Concept reels

Posted By: Kens3313

Concept reels - 02/16/16 01:59 AM

Had a friend ask me today if ive ever heard of Concept fishing reels. He said people in academy was telling him they was really good. Ive never heard of them. What are yalls thoughts about them compared to shimano curados or lews reels?
Posted By: Allen Bass Fisher

Re: Concept reels - 02/16/16 02:23 AM

Concept 13 reels. I won one of their lower line reels (Concept A about $175 full retail)as a door prize. Only used it a few times seems to be OK so far. Not sure about durability yet. Only had it out twice. It casts real good now. We'll see after a year of so. I've had some Diawa and Quantum reels (lower line) that were good at first but after less than a year fell apart.
Posted By: Possumkingdomtackle

Re: Concept reels - 02/16/16 03:02 AM

I bought a concept A 8:1 and I like the cork handles and the internal mag adjustment but it doesn't seem quite as smooth as my Lews especially for the money but overall a good reEl.
Posted By: skeeterfan

Re: Concept reels - 02/16/16 03:27 AM

I had never heard of them before but got one as a gift for Christmas. I have Chronarchs, Abu Garcia Revos, but the Concept 13 casts better and has a smoother drag system. So far I lilke it.
Posted By: sunfish5

Re: Concept reels - 02/16/16 04:31 AM

Bought one last year think its the E model. Cast great feels very sturdy and smooth. Its better than the 3 350.00 shims I bought last year what a disappointment they were.
Posted By: C_Fisher

Re: Concept reels - 02/16/16 11:54 AM

i have used several for the last year. great reels and they have held up very well.
Posted By: mikes14

Re: Concept reels - 02/16/16 01:30 PM

They are great reels I have been using the concept C and E for a couple years now and have never had a problem
Posted By: Rhino68W

Re: Concept reels - 02/16/16 01:59 PM

They're rods are great for the money. I have a Heavy black omen and that this is noice! Not really sure about their reels though.
Posted By: 14foreal11

Re: Concept reels - 02/16/16 06:19 PM

13 Fishing makes great products. I have many of the Concept A and C reels about 15 or so. I have probably 20 Omen Black 1, Omen Black 2 and Envy rods. Both great quality and customer service. Have broke a few fishing and had replacement rods in my hand within 10 days. I am in no way affiliated with or sponsored by 13 Fishing. They just make a good product at a good price.
Posted By: Scott's Creek Skeeter

Re: Concept reels - 02/17/16 01:59 AM

I have Curados and Chronarchs. Received 2 Concept reels as gifts and if I went and bought a new reel tomorrow it would be another Concept..
Posted By: skeeterfan

Re: Concept reels - 02/17/16 02:24 AM

I have the C model and so far I agree with Scott's Creek Skeeter. I would have to buy another one. Best kept secret I have run across.
Posted By: El Skeeter

Re: Concept reels - 02/17/16 02:24 AM

Concept reels are made by 13 Fishing based in Tampa,Fl. They also have GREAT rods, I'm using their
Black Envy 7'3" Heavy for light flipping and pitching(3/4-1oz weights)
My daughter gave me a Concept A,8:1 ratio for my 7'11'XXX heavy rod for Father's Day.
Like it so much I'm buying the Concept"C" 8:1 for the 7'3".
Tackle Warehouse sells 13 Fishing.
Was leary of buying reel because No reel repair/service place I contacted works on them.
Called 13 Fishing about it, any repairs/cleaning is done In House, problem solved.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum