Texas Fishing Forum

Fayette or Bastrop

Posted By: hobgood12

Fayette or Bastrop - 02/15/16 11:45 PM

I am fishing tomorrow. Would y'all fish Fayette or Bastrop? Have they been generating at Bastrop? It's been a few years since I have been at either. Thanks for any input!!
Posted By: Jpurdue

Re: Fayette or Bastrop - 02/15/16 11:47 PM

I fished Fayette today and had one of my worst days ever. It's had extreme pressure the last couple of days. I did talk to a few guys at the ramp who managed to find them though. No clue how Bastrop is fishing, you still might be better off with Fayette!
Posted By: Rayzor

Re: Fayette or Bastrop - 02/16/16 01:25 AM

Flip a coin.
Posted By: catch-n-release

Re: Fayette or Bastrop - 02/16/16 03:01 AM

Fayette over Bastrop. They haven't been generating at Bastrop much with the warm weather. Lot more options on layette also.
Posted By: joemac224

Re: Fayette or Bastrop - 02/16/16 04:15 AM

You go sling a red trap around at Bastrop, you'll catch fish right now. Fayette has been fishing tough for Fayette, but it's still Fayette. Good luck!
Posted By: Rayzor

Re: Fayette or Bastrop - 02/17/16 01:43 AM

Originally Posted By: catch-n-release
Fayette over Bastrop. They haven't been generating at Bastrop much with the warm weather. Lot more options on layette also.

I've been looking forward to having some luck with my red Rapala again.
Posted By: kevine80

Re: Fayette or Bastrop - 02/17/16 02:01 AM

fishing has been tough lately
have been to both of these places in the last 3 weeks
is it just me or does it seem like its been crazy windy this year ?
Posted By: hobgood12

Re: Fayette or Bastrop - 02/17/16 06:26 PM

Decided to go to Fayette with the majority recommendation. After a 2.5 hour drive I made my first cast at approximately 7:20 on the north end of the lake in the trees. It didn't take too long for the first fish to get hooked! It was going to be one of those mornings!!!! 6 hours later, I had only managed another 9 fish to make my trip count 10. I caught fish on every technique that I tried, but could not seem to establish a pattern that I could run with confidence. I threw shaky heads, senkos both weighted and non, flipped creature baits, my favorite War Eagle spinnerbait, and bumped every tree in that lake with my go to square bill trying to get a reaction bite out of non responsive fish!!!! I caught them from 2 ft out to 15 ft. Fished trees, rocks, the concrete fixture that sticks way out in the lake, and flipped reeds. Caught a fish or 2 on everything I just mentioned on or in every piece of structure. This was only my second trip to this lake so I was not too bummed and I even got my first sunburn of the year!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum