Posted By: Rhino68W

Trinity in FW - 02/15/16 03:42 PM

Any of you guys ever fish it for bass?
Posted By: Jobooo

Re: Trinity in FW - 02/15/16 04:52 PM

There's some good fish in it. Give it a try
Posted By: David Welcher

Re: Trinity in FW - 02/15/16 04:56 PM

Back in the early 80's I fished it near 820 East a few times, never caught anything bigger than 2 lbs.

Re: Trinity in FW - 02/15/16 05:02 PM

I fish it a lot. Just wondering if other non-kayak anglers ever go out there and bank fish.

There are definitely some good fish in certain sections of the Trinity. Biggest I have seen is 21" personally.
Posted By: "Old School"

Re: Trinity in FW - 02/15/16 07:35 PM

There's a group of bank anglers called "BassGrabbers" that has tournaments, where you measure your 5 best fish, and it usually takes around 85 inches to win it. Nearly everyone limits too!

Re: Trinity in FW - 02/15/16 08:16 PM

Originally Posted By: "Old School"
There's a group of bank anglers called "BassGrabbers" that has tournaments, where you measure your 5 best fish, and it usually takes around 85 inches to win it. Nearly everyone limits too!

I've heard of those tournaments. Never thought about entering them though....hmmm....
Posted By: Nathan "Bull" Montgomery

Re: Trinity in FW - 02/15/16 11:15 PM

BassGrabbers is fun man you should try it out! You'd be amazed at what you can catch from the bank. As for the Trinity I've been fishing it close to 10 years now. It used to be a well kept secret and it seems now the secret is out lol.
Posted By: joemac224

Re: Trinity in FW - 02/16/16 04:20 AM

I fish it about twice a week. It is a fun, convenient way to get a little time on the water. Should really start to turn on this week with the warmer weather. Backwoods does kayak tournaments on the river as well, you should check those out too.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum