Texas Fishing Forum

Hair jigs

Posted By: Bonedoc

Hair jigs - 02/15/16 04:16 AM

I have been looking at different hair jigs, especially with a weedguard. What hair jig do you like? Is there anyone who makes them custom? Interested in 3/8 & 1/2 ounce maybe even a 3/4. I have never thrown hair jigs but seem to be coming back into popularity...
Posted By: Outdoor Therapy

Re: Hair jigs - 02/15/16 04:56 AM

Talonfishing.Com

I do not believe that they offer weed guards. Call Andi or Ivan at anytime and they will answer any questions that you have. I'm sure you can get any custom colors you are looking for.
Posted By: bigbass94

Re: Hair jigs - 02/15/16 05:09 PM

Spro Prime Bucktail Jigs

I've been experimenting with hair jigs for the past 3-4 years. What I've come to learn is that the Spro Prime Bucktail Jigs are my favorite hair jigs out of all the different brands I've tried (Cumberland, Talon, HogFarmer, Wahoo, Nichols, Mann's, Danielson, etc). I don't know what it is about em', maybe the way they fall, but the bass absolutely crush these things. They are a quality product.. best of all, the hair strands don't come out after numerous fish. They have plenty of colors and sizes to choose from as well!
Posted By: Rob Matthews

Re: Hair jigs - 02/15/16 05:44 PM

I've been looking into buying some myself but all the ones I've seen have a light wire hook. Does anyone make one with a stronger hook?
Posted By: redskeeter190

Re: Hair jigs - 02/16/16 12:56 AM

go to www.fallingwateroutdoors.com they have some awesome football hair jigs.....check them out.....
Posted By: Bonedoc

Re: Hair jigs - 02/17/16 01:31 AM

Thank you very much for all the responses, I will check them all out!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum