Texas Fishing Forum

Dek-it / Kickin bass mounts opposed to Ram on bow?

Posted By: Basshole9

Dek-it / Kickin bass mounts opposed to Ram on bow? - 02/13/16 05:17 AM

I finally upgraded graphs up front and would like any opinions on the pros and cons of the dek it style mounts compared to a ram mount. I currently have a 7" screen on a ram mount up front that is mounted to towards the front right of my bow. I haven't had any issues except when I leave longer rods on the deck. That and sometimes the trolling motor power cord likes to get hung on it.

My main concern with the dek it mount is glare. Anyone have any suggestions on the different mounting options?

Thanks!
Posted By: Flippin-Out

Re: Dek-it / Kickin bass mounts opposed to Ram on bow? - 02/13/16 09:15 AM

I took a dek-it type mount off the boat I bought. In addition to the glare issue, I couldn't angle the unit to either side. I'm not always parked with a foot on the TM pedal, so I'm not always right in line with a display that only faces straight aft. If I'm to one side or the other of the bow, I couldn't see it as easily as I prefer. A RAM mount lets me pivot and tilt the unit for good low-glare visibility from where I want to stand at any given moment. If I think I'm going to take a beating on the lake, I reposition the 9 Touch to be face down on the carpet and snug it up so the RAM isn't trying to hold it up in the air on a rough ride.
Posted By: DEFMP

Re: Dek-it / Kickin bass mounts opposed to Ram on bow? - 02/13/16 07:16 PM

I use a dek-it, I never have an issue with glare. I have a 8" screen, and never have an issue seeing it on one side or the other. The biggest reason I put one on is so that I can fish either side of the boat pitching and flipping while not worrying about putting a 1oz tungsten into the screen. I was also sold on the fact that most pros are doing it now, and now that I have one, I see why they are using the.
Posted By: Basshole9

Re: Dek-it / Kickin bass mounts opposed to Ram on bow? - 02/13/16 09:14 PM

I like the idea of the Dek it for the fact that it is centered up front. With my current setup, it is in the corner of the front deck and sometimes gets in the way of entering or exiting the boat while nosed up to a dock or while beached. My deck space is limited on my 18.5" boat so my goal is to free up some space.

Thanks for the input from you both.
Posted By: Bartemus

Re: Dek-it / Kickin bass mounts opposed to Ram on bow? - 02/13/16 11:35 PM

I recommend the Ball Z Out mount for the bow. They are about $160 I believe but well worth it
Posted By: Andrew Y'Barbo

Re: Dek-it / Kickin bass mounts opposed to Ram on bow? - 02/14/16 12:45 AM

Deck it style mounts are great to center it. Personally I do not mind hard
Mounting the units. Ram mounds are also good, but make sure you can lay the unit down for when you start going threw waves. Use big fender washers underneath on both.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum