Texas Fishing Forum

Fayette County Lake

Posted By: TxRanger1

Fayette County Lake - 02/12/16 02:53 PM

I am heading to Fayette County lake and would like to know if there are any boating hazards to look out for when running out on the open part of the lake. It looks like all of the coves and creeks are full of timber. Once you come out of them it looks pretty clear from what I can see on google earth. Just wondering if there are any hazards to look out for.
Thanks
Posted By: Flippin-Out

Re: Fayette County Lake - 02/12/16 02:58 PM

You need to get a map. There are some shallows that extend out quite far in several places - water that looks great at a glance...but it can be less than 2 feet!

Re: Fayette County Lake - 02/12/16 06:27 PM

Thanks for the response. I will watch out for that and I assume other than that it is pretty clear running out on the open lake?
Posted By: Darryl

Re: Fayette County Lake - 02/12/16 06:36 PM

There is some standing timber in the main lake but there are hazard buoys around it.

This should help
Navionics webapp

Re: Fayette County Lake - 02/12/16 07:33 PM

Thanks for the info, I am glad that they are marked with bouys. banana
Posted By: Texascajun69

Re: Fayette County Lake - 02/12/16 10:11 PM

Don't cut across any of the points. Stay at least a 1/4 mile out toward the main lake and approach the coves straight up the middle. Definitely shutdown and idle past the mouth of any cove.

Re: Fayette County Lake - 02/13/16 12:30 AM

Thanks for that handy piece of info Texascajun69...... I am headed out tomorrow to see if I can catch some fish on that lake.
Posted By: ChanceHuiet

Re: Fayette County Lake - 02/13/16 12:34 AM

Gunna be very crowded tomorrow. 2 club tourneys and a high school tournament going on that I know of.
Posted By: Darryl

Re: Fayette County Lake - 02/13/16 01:38 AM

Originally Posted By: ChanceHuiet
Gunna be very crowded tomorrow. 2 club tourneys and a high school tournament going on that I know of.

And to Conroe I go...
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum