Texas Fishing Forum

Lakemaster or Navionics for Hummingbid Helix 9

Posted By: labdog

Lakemaster or Navionics for Hummingbid Helix 9 - 02/12/16 11:30 AM

Which map is better for the Hummingbird Helix 9. Do either if the maps show the structure such as bridges, ponds or brush piles on Ray Roberts, are old roadbeds shown also. Looking for the one that has the best detailed info on the maps as far as structure, roadbeds ponds ect.. Thanks for the info.
Posted By: Rickmb

Re: Lakemaster or Navionics for Hummingbid Helix 9 - 02/12/16 11:55 AM

Ray Roberts is listed as an HD map. I have found that the LakeMaster HD maps are great and with Lakemaster you can use the water level offset feature to adjust for the lake depth.
Posted By: snickers

Re: Lakemaster or Navionics for Hummingbid Helix 9 - 02/12/16 12:17 PM

get both
Posted By: bccougar

Re: Lakemaster or Navionics for Hummingbid Helix 9 - 02/12/16 04:07 PM

Call Anglers Pro tackle and order the Lake Master. much better quality in my opinion. I have both, but the Lake Master has more features.
Posted By: bogey♂

Re: Lakemaster or Navionics for Hummingbid Helix 9 - 02/12/16 04:11 PM

I run a Navionics at the helm and a LakeMaster at the bow.
Posted By: labdog

Re: Lakemaster or Navionics for Hummingbid Helix 9 - 02/12/16 06:09 PM

Thanks. I think I will get the lakemaster.
Posted By: droemt

Re: Lakemaster or Navionics for Hummingbid Helix 9 - 02/12/16 11:11 PM

Sounds like I need to get a Lakemaster chip...
Posted By: Stucky76

Re: Lakemaster or Navionics for Hummingbid Helix 9 - 02/13/16 03:44 AM

Hey guys, just got the new Lakemaster map. It it just me or does the LM not show submerged timber? What I see it's nothing like the navionics chip in that regard. I do like the color offset though. For you guys that run both LM and Navionics in the Helix 9, do you just pop out the cards when you want to switch or do you keep both cards in each slot?
Posted By: Kevin D.

Re: Lakemaster or Navionics for Hummingbid Helix 9 - 02/13/16 04:38 AM

I would have selected the Lakemaster, but the one lake they don't have is Fayette. I fish Fayette. It's one of my favorite lakes, so I went with Navionics.
Posted By: coachallentca

Re: Lakemaster or Navionics for Hummingbid Helix 9 - 02/13/16 04:47 AM

I think lake master is more detailed and shows creeks channels better.
Posted By: bradnitro175

Re: Lakemaster or Navionics for Hummingbid Helix 9 - 02/13/16 04:52 AM

Navionics has more detail offshore and bank contours
Posted By: Stucky76

Re: Lakemaster or Navionics for Hummingbid Helix 9 - 02/13/16 05:18 AM

Originally Posted By: coachallentca
I think lake master is more detailed and shows creeks channels better.

Yup, it does. It seems like both are better for different situations. When I'm on a new lake with timber, I think I'll run the navionics. Eliminating water I'll use the LM.
Posted By: Wayne P.

Re: Lakemaster or Navionics for Hummingbid Helix 9 - 02/13/16 02:01 PM

Originally Posted By: Rickmb
Ray Roberts is listed as an HD map. I have found that the LakeMaster HD maps are great and with Lakemaster you can use the water level offset feature to adjust for the lake depth.

There are two HD map versions on Lakemaster cards.
Lakemaster High Definition Survey is locations that are actually surveyed by Lakemaster and are very good.
High Definition Survey is not Lakemaster surveyed and can have lots of errors. I have a Chart Select of one High Definition Survey and it is a joke with details that are physically impossible to exist.
Posted By: Corey Stanley

Re: Lakemaster or Navionics for Hummingbid Helix 9 - 02/18/16 02:19 PM

Both Mapping card are great tools to have, look at the lakes you fish, compared to the mapping available and if you cant use both, then select which card is right for you based the on mapping avaiable. Here is the Navionics Webapp that is updated daily with the latest mapping from them, when you zoom in be sure to toggle on the sonar charts layer button located in the bottom left.

http://webapp.navionics.com/#@6&key=omvvDnjx%7DP
Posted By: Rockfisherman

Re: Lakemaster or Navionics for Hummingbid Helix 9 - 02/18/16 02:25 PM

What about Lakemaster Pro?
Is it worth the extra $25?
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum