Texas Fishing Forum

Squaw Creek Trip

Posted By: pro dirt raker

Squaw Creek Trip - 02/11/16 04:49 AM

Made a reservation for February 26th and 27th to go fish Squaw Creek. Will need somewhere to stay at least one night, does anyone have a recommendation on where to stay that is bass boat friendly, would like to plug in overnight.

Also if anyone cares to share any tips for fishing the lake at this time of the year would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Posted By: dlwfish

Re: Squaw Creek Trip - 02/11/16 05:01 AM

We've stayed at the Best Western in Glenrose.
They let us park under the awning by the front doors and there's a plug to the right if you're facing the entry....
Plenty of boat parking and it's really close..

Good luck!
Posted By: David Burton

Re: Squaw Creek Trip - 02/11/16 05:05 AM

popcorn

Me Too, McKinney Bass Club that weekend. Well, except for the place to stay. Gonna spend time with my parents in Burleyville...
Posted By: Okie Poke

Re: Squaw Creek Trip - 02/11/16 01:17 PM

We stayed at Dinosaur Trail bed and breakfast right outside of Granbury toward the lake, very close. You may pay a tad more than the norm, but it is as secure as any place you'll find. You drive up a driveway and there are three cottages. We got the big one and had all the amenities of home. There's a gate you can shut and lock behind you. They even have a actual dinosaur trail with giant dinosaurs on it. And I'm not kiddin'......
Posted By: 🍀El Gato Azul🍀

Re: Squaw Creek Trip - 02/11/16 05:03 PM

Second that
Posted By: catslayer

Re: Squaw Creek Trip - 02/11/16 05:23 PM

plenty of places between cleburne glen rose and granbury...
Posted By: crowslegend

Re: Squaw Creek Trip - 02/11/16 05:28 PM

The fishing has been pretty good lately. What do you like to throw? Throw that and do not be afraid to get away from the bank. fish
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum