Texas Fishing Forum

Lowrance problems

Posted By: Aggie34

Lowrance problems - 02/11/16 12:55 AM

I have a elite 7 hdi on the console. Can't get a clear picture without a ton of clutter. Hardly ever get arches. It is usually just dots. My down imaging seems pretty clear except I have to use 450hz to get the picture instead of 800
Posted By: B.Hollingshead

Re: Lowrance problems - 02/11/16 01:20 AM

Pm me your phone # I'll text you pic of your settings needs to be at, I have hds12's but should be the same settings.
Posted By: Aggie34

Re: Lowrance problems - 02/11/16 01:30 AM

It shows your over the private message limit
Posted By: John-Mark

Re: Lowrance problems - 02/11/16 01:41 AM

Had this happen to my elite 7
Download your waypoints if you have any and anything you want saved and do a hard reset... Fixed mine right up

Re: Lowrance problems - 02/11/16 01:42 AM

Try it now
Posted By: Squirrely Dan

Re: Lowrance problems - 02/11/16 04:20 AM

I just learned if my transducer gets moved a little it will change my arches to dots. Had to re level it and fixed it
Posted By: snickers

Re: Lowrance problems - 02/11/16 01:44 PM

Man I thought the dots were spotted bass

Re: Lowrance problems - 02/11/16 02:18 PM

Originally Posted By: snickers
You talking about these dots in the DI picture, cause that is a school of LM, you can see the air pockets in those dots. Plus I caught them for about 30min out of that school.
Posted By: horseplaydvm

Re: Lowrance problems - 02/11/16 02:39 PM

OP,
Put surface clutter on low, noise rejection on low. Check your transducer and make sure it is level.
Also, you will only see arches if the fish are directly under the cone angle and not moving. Fish on the edge of the cone angle may appear as dots. Zig zag that area and you should be able to get a better image of them once you are directly over them.
I prefer to see streaks or lines, those fish are actively feeding. Hope this helps. thumb
Posted By: snickers

Re: Lowrance problems - 02/11/16 02:45 PM

I was just kidding. dots. spots
Originally Posted By: B.Hollingshead
You talking about these dots in the DI picture, cause that is a school of LM, you can see the air pockets in those dots. Plus I caught them for about 30min out of that school.
Posted By: harvey walker

Re: Lowrance problems - 02/11/16 02:56 PM

how di you do a hard reboot?
Posted By: Flippin-Out

Re: Lowrance problems - 02/11/16 03:22 PM

It is actually called a "hard reset". Look in the manual for the button steps. Be sure to save ALL waypoints, trails, routes etc to a memory card that you want to keep as it will all be gone when you do a hard reset. Remove memory card before executing the reset!
Posted By: rxkid2001

Re: Lowrance problems - 02/11/16 03:24 PM

Originally Posted By: B.Hollingshead

What settings are you using to get that 2D to look that awesome?
Posted By: Dacali21kid

Re: Lowrance problems - 02/16/16 08:49 PM

I also have one of these and after messing with the settings, can someone help me out with the optimal settings for everything?
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum