Texas Fishing Forum

Skeeter Zx versus FX

Posted By: B-Deuces

Skeeter Zx versus FX - 02/09/16 05:24 PM

From the guys who have had both, which did you prefer and why?

For those who have one or the other, why did you make the decision you did?
Posted By: bobaldert

Re: Skeeter Zx versus FX - 02/09/16 11:54 PM

I have a ZX225 and had the cash to buy either or and I decided on the ZX due to the price vs Performance.
You can go out to Yamaha Site and get Performance Bulletins and compare.

Bob
Posted By: Squirrely Dan

Re: Skeeter Zx versus FX - 02/10/16 12:44 AM

Price. Fx sits a little higher and has nicer trailer
Posted By: Donald Harper

Re: Skeeter Zx versus FX - 02/10/16 01:19 AM

About a 10K difference in the two boats. As much difference as daylight and dark.
None of the Skeeters ride like a FX with better seats and all around performance.
Posted By: PEDRO H.

Re: Skeeter Zx versus FX - 02/10/16 02:20 AM

I have a 2005 ZX225 and love it. I looked at the new ZX225 & ZX250 models and they are nice boats . You get the two graphs and a power pole but you lose the divided live wells and extra pumps and go from two tackle storage bins to on big one up front. So I'm waiting to buy an FX or FXi. it comes with everything I want and the ride is great.
Posted By: Bradshuflin aka hunter'sdad

Re: Skeeter Zx versus FX - 02/10/16 02:26 AM

I'm too poor to afford a new one so I just had to buy a used zx and make due with the equipment it has. I have yet to notice anything that in missing on my zx and I'll probably be fishing out it for the next 10-15 years by then I might be able to find a fxi in my price range.
Posted By: TexasTechliprip

Re: Skeeter Zx versus FX - 02/10/16 03:58 AM

I have a 15 zx250

It has everything you need but not everything you want.

I bought it because seats, divided live well, and increased storage were not worth the extra 10k to me

Ride is better on fx but not $10k worth to me
Posted By: Lewis Ville

Re: Skeeter Zx versus FX - 02/10/16 12:37 PM

I've had both and definitely prefer the FX. It fishes better in my opinion. Both boats handle big water well. It is a significant price jump from one to the other but if you have the choice I'd go with the FX. You could always demo both at Fun N Sun. Best of luck in your choice.
Posted By: Broken Braid Guide Service

Re: Skeeter Zx versus FX - 02/15/16 05:06 AM

I had a 2014 zx21 and just bought a 2016 fx21. The fx has a few more cool things on it that aren't a necessity. Speed they are almost identical but handling is where they are different to me. My fx will turn like its on tracks and you can pull some G's. The ZX would turn good just not like the fx does.
Posted By: SC-001

Re: Skeeter Zx versus FX - 02/15/16 04:34 PM

http://texasfishingforum.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/11383457
Posted By: Insurance man

Re: Skeeter Zx versus FX - 02/15/16 08:18 PM

On my second FX21 and have been in several ZX boats and all I can say if you can afford the FX thats what I would go with. The ride says it all!
Posted By: fouzman

Re: Skeeter Zx versus FX - 02/15/16 08:25 PM

I've had a ZX, an iClass, two FX 20's and now in an FX 21. I'd have to say the iClass had the softest ride. But the FX ride, speed and handling make it the clear choice if you can afford it.
Posted By: InTheClear

Re: Skeeter Zx versus FX - 02/15/16 10:42 PM

I recently traded a 2000 203 Champion that I had for 14 years for a 2015 FX20, I am very impressed with my introduction to the boat on Lake Amistad last weekend!
Posted By: Boomstickfishing

Re: Skeeter Zx versus FX - 02/16/16 02:20 AM

When I went to fun n sun to look at the skeeters I could of bought either or. The FX does have nicer seats and a few upgrades but I decided to go with the zx250 with the money saved I added two more hds9 1 at the console and 1 at the bow I also added the 3D module and the airmar 150 with the lls2 mounted on the trolling motor with transducer saver. And still had a lot of money left over for more rods reels tackle and gear.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum