Texas Fishing Forum

Minn Kota Fortex

Posted By: gimsfish

Minn Kota Fortex - 02/05/16 03:47 PM

Hey is there anybody out there having the same trouble as I am with the bracket pivot bushings on their Fortex? They are plastic bushings and I can't keep them from twisting and breaking!!! I called Minn Kota and they sent me some new bracket parts at my expense supposed to fix it but didn't! You would think that Minn Kota would take care of there problems better than that!!! bang
Posted By: Bullet20XrD

Re: Minn Kota Fortex - 02/05/16 03:51 PM

Yep... lot's of people have had those issues. My brother posted a nastygram video on their facebook and they sent him a whole new mounting bracket. It was a horrible design. I remember driving down lake Amistad and having bushing pieces and bolts hitting me in the face, lol. You have to watch those sideplate screws as well. I have a newer fortrex and haven't experienced the same issues with the bushings so far.

You can't beat the trolling motors but that bracket was JUNK.
Posted By: Mayo

Re: Minn Kota Fortex - 02/05/16 04:15 PM

I recently bought a new 112lb thrust and noticed it makes some noise when I'm at a higher setting. I just chalked it up to kind of gunning it so to speak but probably need to look closer at it. Great TM but definitely noisy IMHO.
Posted By: bassmasterffej

Re: Minn Kota Fortex - 02/05/16 04:16 PM

mad
Posted By: armadillo joe

Re: Minn Kota Fortex - 02/05/16 04:28 PM

I had that problem with mine and a service center replaced some parts has worked fine every since.
Posted By: shotgunwilly

Re: Minn Kota Fortex - 02/05/16 05:08 PM

I had to replace my pivot bushings, the actual pivot piece which is cast metal, and the screws. The old screws had sheared off and then the force of the motor moving around had broken the cast metal pivot piece and ruined the bushings.

To prevent this, periodically check those screws going into the pivot and make sure they are tight, have a motor to deck support, and keep the motor locked down when running in chop.
Posted By: Jake Shannon(Skeet4Life)

Re: Minn Kota Fortex - 02/05/16 07:06 PM

I replace mine 2-3 times a year

Re: Minn Kota Fortex - 02/05/16 07:07 PM

They are supper cheap so I just buy a couple sets and run my motor until they fall apart then I replace also the plastic latch is pretty cheap and weak as well I have broken it to
Posted By: Texascajun69

Re: Minn Kota Fortex - 02/05/16 07:20 PM

I have had 2- 112 lb. Fortrex and have not had any problems with the brackets. I fish at least 3-4 times a month thru the winter and more than that in the summer. The one I have now is 2 yrs. old. Hope I didn't just jink myself

Re: Minn Kota Fortex - 02/05/16 07:31 PM

Allot of these problems are with older ones I believe. Mine is from 2012
Posted By: gimsfish

Re: Minn Kota Fortex - 02/05/16 09:28 PM

Yeah mine is a 2010 but you shouldn't have these problems with a good product and whin you call Minn Kota and tell them about it they ack like they have never had this problem before!! I replace the bushings about every six months and just buy more! Next trolling motor may have to be Motor Guide!!!! roflmao

Re: Minn Kota Fortex - 02/05/16 11:48 PM

I almost sold my fortrex and went back to a maxima had one for years and never had any issues
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum