Texas Fishing Forum

eagle Mountain Update

Posted By: mjtb2006

eagle Mountain Update - 01/31/16 05:23 PM

hey all

I hit EM yesterday with my wife. We fished for 5 hours, two dinks landed with about 4 others hooked and lost. All fish came on slow worked baits along the bottom: Carolina rig brush hogs, swivel head jig flirt worms and drop shot. Water temp was 53.5 and high of 54.5. Did not mark hardly any fish in depths 20 - 7 feet. Fish that we caught came out of shorelines casts and worked back tot he boat so around 5 feet. I have been marking a ton of bait and fish in 25-35 feet of water, but cannot buy a bit. I have used drop shots, Carolina, and crappie jigs trying to figure out what they are; any ideas? Right off the pier that marks the no wake, I could see clouds of fish near and suspended off the bottom, but no bites. Any input on what these deep water schools are would be great.

T
Posted By: GROD

Re: eagle Mountain Update - 01/31/16 10:19 PM

I'm heading out there tomorrow... Noon to dusk... I'll let you know how it goes. Did you fish the north or south end? Probably sandbass too....
Posted By: GROD

Re: eagle Mountain Update - 01/31/16 10:20 PM

Never mind.. I see you fished the south.
Posted By: EN591

Re: eagle Mountain Update - 02/01/16 01:58 AM

We fished the south end today and only managed one fish(positive note is he was fat and healthy). Tried a bunch of different techniques but the one bass that was caught was on a red eye shad. We fished mostly shallow all day and saw water temps from 49-55. Talked to a couple of other groups at the ramp and neither boat caught a fish.
Posted By: captaincam3

Re: eagle Mountain Update - 02/01/16 02:18 AM

There is so much shad in that lake right now, I don't know why anything would eat a lure
Posted By: E-bright

Re: eagle Mountain Update - 02/01/16 02:26 PM

Its been over a week since i been on it but i usually go 3 times s week out there when im not working. The only thing i can find them on are tiny swim baits almost like finesse fishing a shakeyhead. They were small keepers but like you said chunky
Posted By: RiveraTackleCo.

Re: eagle Mountain Update - 02/01/16 02:28 PM

We were out there yesterday from 1-6pm...Zero'd...Did see a fellow getting ready to drop some new real estate in the lake at the ramp.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum