Texas Fishing Forum

Conditions at Ray Roberts?

Posted By: Basser1OH

Conditions at Ray Roberts? - 01/30/16 09:28 PM

We are new to TX and my wife and I are going to Ray Roberts tomorrow for the first time. If anyone has been there recently and can give me the conditions please do. I would also appreciate any tips on general locations or patterns.
Posted By: mikereils5er

Re: Conditions at Ray Roberts? - 01/30/16 11:14 PM

also new to tx, went there last week, dingy water and flooded! citrus and dark colors!
Posted By: BigJohn

Re: Conditions at Ray Roberts? - 01/31/16 12:01 AM

Will be out there tomorrow as well
Posted By: JoeFriday

Re: Conditions at Ray Roberts? - 01/31/16 12:29 AM

Going tomorrow too. I was there about a week ago and the water was stained back in the creek arms but better around the main lake. Not any help on tips, this is the first winter I have fished it with any frequency and haven't solved the riddle yet.
Posted By: gatoreyes

Re: Conditions at Ray Roberts? - 01/31/16 01:36 AM

It is very difficult during the winter months. Some recommend fishing near rock.
Posted By: buch1565

Re: Conditions at Ray Roberts? - 01/31/16 01:39 AM

I went yesterday and had little luck. If winds are strong from the South or South West, use Jordan Park instead of the State Park. You could also pay to launch at the Sanger Marina and fish the rocky points inside the tires. There were lots of gulls in the marina yesterday. FYI, Roberts can surprise you with the size of the waves when the wind blows 20+. Have rain gear ready if you get out of wind protected waters.
Posted By: JoshJones1984

Re: Conditions at Ray Roberts? - 02/01/16 01:53 AM

How'd yall do?
Posted By: JoeFriday

Re: Conditions at Ray Roberts? - 02/01/16 03:43 AM

Only one. 4.5#'s.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum