Texas Fishing Forum

AMSOIL

Posted By: BB675

AMSOIL - 01/28/16 07:22 PM

Is anyone running AMSOIL in their Mercury Pro XS? I have a buddy at work who swears by this stuff. Just wanted to ask around for opinions.

Thanks,
Posted By: JMac-D

Re: AMSOIL - 01/28/16 09:30 PM

Never ran AMSOIL in a boat, but when i raced MX thats all I ran. Good stuff imo.
Posted By: The fish whisperer

Re: AMSOIL - 01/28/16 09:44 PM

Amsoil makes some great products. I wouldn't hesitate to use it as long as it meets your engines requirements.
Posted By: Brian Schuler

Re: AMSOIL - 01/28/16 10:21 PM

AMSOIL is awesome! You will have a plethera of people on here attacking it saying it isn't TC-W3 certified blah blah blah. It meets and surpasses any and all manufacture'r requirements and does NOT void the manufacturer warrantee. I have yet to find the TC-W3 certification on either the Mercury or the Quick Silver DFI oil. It's not on the bottle, nor have I found it on the TC-W3 certified oil web page.

Brian
Posted By: Delbert

Re: AMSOIL - 01/29/16 12:58 AM

I use Amsoil in a 200hp Mercury with the auto oil removed. I switched from Pennsylvania 2 stroke semi synthetic and btw I never had a problem with Pennsoil. I personally think the motor starts and run quieter and smoother with it. However it is expensive and also works well in the lower unit. We ran the Amsoil in shindawia weedeaters for years ran the snot out of them on hot summer days and never had a carburetor or engine failure. I expect you will be very satisfied.
Posted By: ezbassin

Re: AMSOIL - 01/29/16 01:53 AM

Yes I use it in my Optimax and have done so since 2004
Posted By: Tiltman

Re: AMSOIL - 01/29/16 02:12 AM

We sell it at the store mostly to diesel guys but they also have a grease that is very popular I would stock the boat stuff if it would sell.
Posted By: engine1129

Re: AMSOIL - 01/29/16 01:35 PM

I run it in my jeep and have had no problems
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum