Texas Fishing Forum

Tommy Martin GPS Lake maps chips

Posted By: Wirebender

Tommy Martin GPS Lake maps chips - 01/27/16 09:14 PM

Are these still available? I seemed to have lost mine along the way. Contact info? Thx.
Posted By: LittleGazoo

Re: Tommy Martin GPS Lake maps chips - 01/28/16 01:00 AM

Yes. brianmartin0902@gmail.com
Posted By: Brian_Martin

Re: Tommy Martin GPS Lake maps chips - 01/28/16 01:58 AM

you can text me if you would like or give me a call 936-635-1374

Re: Tommy Martin GPS Lake maps chips - 01/28/16 05:42 PM

Brian,
I found mine...finally, but it is good to know they are still available. I will put you in my contacts list. Thanks. Is there a website that shows what lakes are available? ron
Posted By: James Biggs

Re: Tommy Martin GPS Lake maps chips - 01/28/16 05:48 PM

They make them for Ray Roberts too
Posted By: 361V

Re: Tommy Martin GPS Lake maps chips - 01/28/16 09:01 PM

Originally Posted By: Wirebender
Brian,
I found mine...finally, but it is good to know they are still available. I will put you in my contacts list. Thanks. Is there a website that shows what lakes are available? ron
Me too. Is there anywhere that shows what lakes are available for sale?
Posted By: Skeeterbrain

Re: Tommy Martin GPS Lake maps chips - 01/29/16 12:14 AM

Here is the list Brian Martin sent me.

Toledo Bend
Sam Rayburn
Lake Fork
Richland Chambers
Cedar Creek
Choke Canyon
Guntersville
Joe Pool
Kentucky Barkley
Ray Roberts

Re: Tommy Martin GPS Lake maps chips - 01/29/16 02:29 AM

thanks skeeterbrain. if you have a particular lake you are wanting but dont see in the list above let me know. i do
have several other small lakes that are not requested often
Posted By: BrianFox

Re: Tommy Martin GPS Lake maps chips - 01/29/16 03:02 AM

Do you have lake nachadouches by chance
Posted By: PACKERSFAN

Re: Tommy Martin GPS Lake maps chips - 01/29/16 03:51 AM

How much are they? I possibly would want one for Ray Roberts.
Posted By: Allen Bass Fisher

Re: Tommy Martin GPS Lake maps chips - 01/29/16 03:17 PM

How do these compare to Navionics or Lake Master?

Re: Tommy Martin GPS Lake maps chips - 01/29/16 05:15 PM

they are $45 for a single lake and $75 for a combo chip which is two lakes. Our maps do not have contour information. They show creeks, rivers, and roadbeds in the form of trails and bridges, culverts, cemeteries and things of that nature in the form of waypoints. They overlay with your current map and are used in conjunction with your current map.

Re: Tommy Martin GPS Lake maps chips - 01/29/16 06:41 PM

What other lakes are available in west Texas besides Ivie?
Posted By: lockjaw

Re: Tommy Martin GPS Lake maps chips - 02/17/16 07:11 PM

bump

Re: Tommy Martin GPS Lake maps chips - 02/17/16 07:12 PM

I'm looking forward to trying them out!
Posted By: JIM SR.

Re: Tommy Martin GPS Lake maps chips - 02/17/16 07:24 PM

Does anyone on here have a review of the product,..??
Posted By: Allen Bass Fisher

Re: Tommy Martin GPS Lake maps chips - 02/17/16 07:36 PM

I had asked the same question. Check a few responses up and you will see the response I got. Basically they are an enhancement to Navionics and Lake Master. I have never seen it before so I cannot tell you from first hand knowledge.
Posted By: 2strike

Re: Tommy Martin GPS Lake maps chips - 02/17/16 09:42 PM

is Falcon avaialable?

Re: Tommy Martin GPS Lake maps chips - 02/22/16 03:52 PM

I have a Lowrance I'll trade for Humminbird,..in DFW area.

Re: Tommy Martin GPS Lake maps chips - 02/22/16 04:48 PM

Originally Posted By: JIM SR.
I have a Lowrance I'll trade for Humminbird,..in DFW area.

??????

BUT:
GpsLakeMaps are waypoints & tracks marking structure like ponds and creeks. I have Fork, and have found the creeks to be more accurate than Navionics mapping.
Posted By: Mark Perry

Re: Tommy Martin GPS Lake maps chips - 02/22/16 05:38 PM

I know on my Lake Fork version the creek channels are dead perfect. They are very accurate in that regard. It has some stuff other chips don't show. VERY happy with mine.

Re: Tommy Martin GPS Lake maps chips - 02/23/16 02:01 PM

I have the Lowrance chip I'll trade for Humminbird,..in DFW area. fish
Posted By: Bigron119

Re: Tommy Martin GPS Lake maps chips - 02/23/16 03:58 PM

I have all three for the Humminbird for Rayburn, Toledo. The Tommy Martin overlay info is very good and accurate. I would recommend it for Toledo and Rayburn. The Navionics has/had some issues with the North Cut being 100yds off to the west in the timber. The Lake Master is good but has an enormous amount of contour details and is sometimes too "busy" and hard to read. And Lakemaster does not show actual routes or boat lanes highlighted, only the tiny marker bouys on the map. The Tommy Martin chip is NOT contour lines, as noted above it is highlighted creeks and roads and objects and routes. I would HIGHLY HIGHLY recommend it for Toledo Bend. That is a very large lake and it can be a safety factor to have the boat lanes marked correctly. There are many times that you will miss seeing the floating Markers and the overlay routes will show up to keep your "straight".
I was under the impression that they were no longer available since I recommended to a friend to try and get one for Rayburn this week for the Costa Tournament. I am glad to see that they are still available. Since it is an overlay I would recommend to get one and load it and it will work over the Navionics and the Lakemaster.
Posted By: mwbmod74

Re: Tommy Martin GPS Lake maps chips - 02/23/16 06:02 PM

Originally Posted By: Bigron119

I have all three for the Humminbird for Rayburn, Toledo. The Tommy Martin overlay info is very good and accurate. I would recommend it for Toledo and Rayburn. The Navionics has/had some issues with the North Cut being 100yds off to the west in the timber. The Lake Master is good but has an enormous amount of contour details and is sometimes too "busy" and hard to read. And Lakemaster does not show actual routes or boat lanes highlighted, only the tiny marker bouys on the map. The Tommy Martin chip is NOT contour lines, as noted above it is highlighted creeks and roads and objects and routes. I would HIGHLY HIGHLY recommend it for Toledo Bend. That is a very large lake and it can be a safety factor to have the boat lanes marked correctly. There are many times that you will miss seeing the floating Markers and the overlay routes will show up to keep your "straight".
I was under the impression that they were no longer available since I recommended to a friend to try and get one for Rayburn this week for the Costa Tournament. I am glad to see that they are still available. Since it is an overlay I would recommend to get one and load it and it will work over the Navionics and the Lakemaster.

I have Boat Lanes on my unit for Toledo , Rayburn, Fork. Am I understanding correctly that these chips ALSO have the boat lanes marked?? And if so I wonder if the two will clash? Thanks, im buying a couple regardless!!

Re: Tommy Martin GPS Lake maps chips - 02/23/16 09:17 PM

GpsLakeMaps has creeks, ponds and structure displayed as tracks and waypoints. It does not have tracks for running boat lanes unless they just happen to coincide.
Posted By: fosterfence

Re: Tommy Martin GPS Lake maps chips - 02/23/16 09:28 PM

I think they are worth it. I have purchased them from Swampland Tackle in the past online
Posted By: Austin710

Re: Tommy Martin GPS Lake maps chips - 02/23/16 09:32 PM

What an awesome idea I'll need to get one or two sometime
Posted By: Bassin Jig

Re: Tommy Martin GPS Lake maps chips - 03/03/17 12:23 AM

How can one get in touch with Tommy Martin or his son. If anyone can provide information in getting in touch with either I will certainly appreciate the feed back.
I have tried the internet but have had no luck.
Posted By: Bassin Jig

Re: Tommy Martin GPS Lake maps chips - 03/03/17 12:40 AM

Brian,
I would to know if you happen to a chip with the Toledo & Rayburn combine for my Lowrance HDS7 Insigth and if so, how can I purchase one.
Posted By: Chris B

Re: Tommy Martin GPS Lake maps chips - 03/03/17 01:51 AM

Never heard of it before. Sounds cool. Are there any pics or videos of it?
Posted By: Skeeter443

Re: Tommy Martin GPS Lake maps chips - 03/03/17 03:08 AM

Originally Posted By: Bassin Jig
How can one get in touch with Tommy Martin or his son. If anyone can provide information in getting in touch with either I will certainly appreciate the feed back.
I have tried the internet but have had no luck.

Brian Martin posted his contact info on page 1 of this post.

Re: Tommy Martin GPS Lake maps chips - 03/03/17 01:17 PM

They are another great tool in the tool box. They help most when fishing offshore.
Posted By: Big Red 12

Re: Tommy Martin GPS Lake maps chips - 03/05/17 02:15 AM

Do you have a price for multiple lakes.
Posted By: 361V

Re: Tommy Martin GPS Lake maps chips - 03/05/17 03:44 PM

Guess I got bad info a long time ago. Martin GPS maps chip fits my Humminbirds? Older 1197si and 997c. Where to order? Thanks, 361v.
Posted By: Jarrett Latta

Re: Tommy Martin GPS Lake maps chips - 03/05/17 04:09 PM

His contact info is clearly stated in this page. Does anyone read anymore?
Posted By: Chris_K

Re: Tommy Martin GPS Lake maps chips - 03/05/17 07:40 PM

Have anything that works on Garmin's?
Posted By: Oldnitro

Re: Tommy Martin GPS Lake maps chips - 03/06/17 03:08 AM

If I have Lakemaster and Boat lane chips on my Humminbirds would these be beneficial to me?
If so would I need one for each unit or just one?
Do they still Have these at Oakridge on Lake Fork?
Posted By: lamoon78

Re: Tommy Martin GPS Lake maps chips - 03/06/17 05:43 AM

Originally Posted By: oldnitro
If I have Lakemaster and Boat lane chips on my Humminbirds would these be beneficial to me?
If so would I need one for each unit or just one?
Do they still Have these at Oakridge on Lake Fork?

You load it into each unit so you only need one card and once loaded the card does not have to stay in the unit.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum