Texas Fishing Forum

Graphs and map card

Posted By: ezbassin

Graphs and map card - 01/26/16 03:54 PM

I have a Lowrance touch 12 on the console with a map card in it and it is linked to a Lowrance touch 9 up front with an Ethernet cable. The front graph seems to loose the map signal often and keeps reloading charts. I did not have a spare Ethernet cable to see if that was the problem. What do you think?

Maybe I should switch the map card to the front and see what happens.
Posted By: WillieKetchum

Re: Graphs and map card - 01/26/16 04:14 PM

That is the only thing I can think of that would make it act like that is the ethernet cable. BUT, if it's your ethernet cable, your side and down image should be having issues, too.
Posted By: Brian_Martin

Re: Graphs and map card - 01/26/16 05:06 PM

share a way point at the 12 and see if it pops up on the 9. if it shares the waypoint the ether net cable is fine.
Posted By: jfdawson

Re: Graphs and map card - 01/26/16 08:31 PM

i just experienced the same issue your describing. After buying a new Ethernet Cable, I determined that my issue was the Navionics card. I called Navionics, explained my troubleshooting steps, etc.. Navionics sent me a brand new Platinum South Card and it solved the problem.

One thing I would suggest is make sure the units work fine with Insight pre-loaded maps and you're seeing Waypoints on both units, etc.. If that's working like it should, then it points to a Corrupt Navionics card.

here's my post on BBC on this subject:
http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=674767

good luck and hope that helps you.

Jeff

Re: Graphs and map card - 01/26/16 11:45 PM

Originally Posted By: WillieKetchum
That is the only thing I can think of that would make it act like that is the ethernet cable. BUT, if it's your ethernet cable, your side and down image should be having issues, too.

I have a HDI transducer hooked to the front unit so down image is not affected by the Ethernet cable.

Re: Graphs and map card - 01/26/16 11:45 PM

Originally Posted By: Brian_Martin
share a way point at the 12 and see if it pops up on the 9. if it shares the waypoint the ether net cable is fine.

It does. It just keeps rebooting the charts.

Re: Graphs and map card - 01/26/16 11:47 PM

It was doing it with the Navionics card and it is doing it with the Legend card as well.
Posted By: Brian_Martin

Re: Graphs and map card - 01/28/16 03:42 AM

try a soft reset. back up all data before hand just in case. if that doesnt work try the hard reset.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum