Texas Fishing Forum

Thanks to MLF

Posted By: spacejunkie

Thanks to MLF - 01/26/16 02:22 PM

my wants and needs have changed. Use to focus on catching the biggest fish I could. Now thanks to watching the pro's I have a renewed desire just to catch fish. Big ones that I happen to luck into a a bonus now.
Posted By: crapyetr

Re: Thanks to MLF - 01/26/16 03:09 PM

i really like the MLF format but i guess it's impossible for a full tournament 2 do that...cost big $$$'s...oh well...easier 2 watch 6 guys at a time than 60...!!!...round 2 comin' up
Posted By: DuctsZX250

Re: Thanks to MLF - 01/26/16 04:05 PM

I would love to see them go to the more popular lakes around the country and see the local guides compete against each other in the MLF format.
Posted By: Fishingking

Re: Thanks to MLF - 01/26/16 08:40 PM

Guess they should fish some lake that actually holds fish. The last two I watched it seems like when the smallmouth are not biting the fishing gets tough when you rely on the largemouth which are not the predominant fish in the lake. I guess they want lots of fish on TV, that's why it seems like they concentrate on northern lakes, where smallmouths will school better than the largemouths. Personally I like to see them struggle, like many of us have to do, and then get to see their decision making process. I like to fish in some events where from the back seat you get to see a "Pro" struggle and see what happens next. I like to play golf sometimes and the best thing I ever did was to caddie for a touring pro for several events. I learned so much about the game being able to see and listen as to why they did something and then watch it happen.
Posted By: Bobby Milam

Re: Thanks to MLF - 01/26/16 09:14 PM

I just started watching it myelf. best fishing show out there IMO because it is nice to see them struggle to figure things out. I thought that it was just me that had problems finding them. To see pros struggle while having basically the same things at their disposal as I normally have,has made me feel a little better about my process
Posted By: Mayo

Re: Thanks to MLF - 01/26/16 09:20 PM

When was the most recent episode? I haven't seen one come on in two to three weeks.
Posted By: SAKS

Re: Thanks to MLF - 01/26/16 09:38 PM

It's a MLF Select series that is airing now. I think it comes on Saturdays in the afternoon. I have UVerse and I record at 1pm on Saturdays. They are fishing Dale Hollow.
Posted By: Fast Lane

Re: Thanks to MLF - 01/26/16 09:42 PM

On East Texas Lakes if you're fishing in a tournament you better fish for 5 bites if you want to win. Guys Catching numbers are the donator's at the weigh-in saying we caught a lot of fish but....
Posted By: Neal G

Re: Thanks to MLF - 01/26/16 10:38 PM

I like watching the show from a competition point of view but with the anglers mostly beating the banks catching small fish there is not a lot to learn from it. If having to pick from the BASS Elite live coverage or MLF, I would choose the live coverage of the Elite trail. Especially if they increase the number of anglers being covered.
Posted By: txwhitetail

Re: Thanks to MLF - 01/27/16 12:10 AM

They need to ditch a few of those anglers that have never caught anything on MLF and let some new blood compete.

Re: Thanks to MLF - 01/27/16 01:03 AM

Originally Posted By: txwhitetail
They need to ditch a few of those anglers that have never caught anything on MLF and let some new blood compete.

Agreed txwhitetail.

I will start the list with Dove, Ponds, Tak and Velvick leaving and adding Thrift, M. Lee, Crochet and Steve Kennedy
Posted By: Frank the Tank

Re: Thanks to MLF - 01/27/16 01:07 AM

Who owns MLF? Whoever does is making $. Love the show. Would very much enjoy fishing in that style derby.
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: Thanks to MLF - 01/27/16 01:12 AM

Originally Posted By: Fast Lane
On East Texas Lakes if you're fishing in a tournament you better fish for 5 bites if you want to win. Guys Catching numbers are the donator's at the weigh-in saying we caught a lot of fish but....

TRUTH!!!!!!

Re: Thanks to MLF - 01/27/16 01:15 AM

The Outdoor Channel and the anglers lead by Duckett and Klein own it is what the public has been told (if I recall correctly). I do not think that actual facts and percent owned has been publicized. I thought Mark Jeffreys or Jay Kumar was going to tell us more after talking/interviewing Duckett but I guess not. Jay reads this site - Jay???
Posted By: Fish AKA Jerry

Re: Thanks to MLF - 01/27/16 03:22 PM

I have enjoyed watching them struggle at Dale Hollow. Makes me feel much better about myself. smile
Posted By: crapyetr

Re: Thanks to MLF - 01/31/16 08:48 PM

just finished watchin' James Watson win round 2 with a spoon on docks...that guy is a hoot...he's my favorite from now on...i think he caught more foul-hooked than n the mouth...wonder if he'll use that tactic n the final round???
Posted By: Bobby Milam

Re: Thanks to MLF - 02/01/16 12:15 AM

The first week he came across as an arrogant SOB. This week he seemed funnier to watch, especially when his lure stuck him in the head.
Posted By: BoomBoom

Re: Thanks to MLF - 02/01/16 02:50 AM

Originally Posted By: crapyetr
just finished watchin' James Watson win round 2 with a spoon on docks...that guy is a hoot...he's my favorite from now on...i think he caught more foul-hooked than n the mouth...wonder if he'll use that tactic n the final round???

I really like the guy. Pretty darn funny and definitely downplays his fishing abilities.
Posted By: spacejunkie

Re: Thanks to MLF - 02/01/16 12:41 PM

I would like to get a better look at the picture in his storage box on the first contest he was in. Anyone else notice it?
Posted By: redskeeter190

Re: Thanks to MLF - 02/01/16 06:22 PM

These gin clear Mid/East Tennessee lakes are tough.....I've been here 10 years now....still haven't figured them out....
Posted By: SC 210

Re: Thanks to MLF - 02/01/16 07:22 PM

James is a good guy had the pleasure of fishing with him on Table Rock when I bought his last Stratos Champion he can catch em and I also noticed the nice pic on his storage box
Posted By: ShallowWaterKing

Re: Thanks to MLF - 02/01/16 07:38 PM

Yeah, I paused my TiVo she's wearing a skimpy bikini!
Posted By: Bruce Bullard

Re: Thanks to MLF - 02/01/16 10:01 PM

Boys,boys,boys, that what you notice?
Posted By: Polly Gosh Lizard

Re: Thanks to MLF - 02/01/16 10:07 PM

I wonder why MLF never says what the pro's win(money) besides the cup. They must be getting a % of the TV money. Some shows are really great and others are so so but isn't that the way fishing is?
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum