Texas Fishing Forum

Monticello discharge

Posted By: Rog

Monticello discharge - 01/25/16 01:37 AM

Since its been a bit of a debate lately, stay outside of bouys. Witness GW issue citation to boat tied to fence today. Also was shared with us you can't tie to bouys either.
Posted By: Tracker Tim

Re: Monticello discharge - 01/25/16 01:59 AM

Same as any lake. You cant tie to any buoys.

Re: Monticello discharge - 01/25/16 02:09 AM

Yep just sharing since we saw a number of boats tied to them.
Posted By: Bugzout10

Re: Monticello discharge - 01/25/16 12:58 PM

What was the water temperature
Posted By: Fishn4fun1972

Re: Monticello discharge - 01/25/16 04:22 PM

50-55 slow in blundale picking up in the smith. Bucks are plentiful found one good female.
Posted By: Chris G

Re: Monticello discharge - 01/25/16 04:31 PM

Smith Creek, to me, is complete jacked up for now! I went back in there on Saturday and was shocked to find the GIANT hyacinth mats blocking many key areas. Last time I was out there was just prior to the floods around Christmas so those floods must be where all if it came from. Literally acres are blocked by the stuff and I hate fishing it when its that thick. Hoping this really strong south wind will blow it all back North with some of it going up the creek.

Still managed some decent fish just not in Smith.

Re: Monticello discharge - 01/25/16 04:50 PM

60 in discharge area 53-54ish in smith. Hyacinth was real bad in smith two weeks ago. However, I think the north wind moved a bit out of there as many key areas were clear yesterday and it was about 2/3s of the coverage from last time out. Water clearing but still a bit stained.
Posted By: Reds Bass Guide on Sandlin

Re: Monticello discharge - 01/26/16 04:38 AM

At Sandlin the GW is going around the entire lake shore picking up the giant Hyacinth. We were told each flower has 50 thousand seeds.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum