Texas Fishing Forum

High Percentage Fishing... New book discussed on this website.

Posted By: hairball

High Percentage Fishing... New book discussed on this website. - 01/24/16 01:12 AM

Just got the book today and read it cover to cover. It definitely tackles some long held beliefs.

I found the section regarding silence in the boat particularly beneficial because I can be a little loud at times.

I think it does a good job relating information on reservoirs. I think that anglers who primarily fish river systems might need to take the differences in water bodies into account.

Josh there are a couple of typos... One on page 27 (angles instead of anglers) and 2 more in the table on page 110 (crankbiat)

It's definitely worth ordering. Josh keeps things to a point. Excellent read.
Posted By: CCTX

Re: High Percentage Fishing... New book discussed on this website. - 01/24/16 03:16 AM

2/3 of the way through; Well written, enjoyable to read, and to the point/no fluff. The first third of the book does an excellent job summarizing, analyzing, and extrapolating from prior studies. The data analysis in the last 2/3 is the new ground. Easy to read data tables, charts, and graphs. The book covers strategies for catching numbers and size. The book includes so much information in a well written, concise manner; I can't think of a better book as a primer on bass fishing. It will certainly influence how and when I fish.
Posted By: Jpurdue

Re: High Percentage Fishing... New book discussed on this website. - 01/24/16 01:20 PM

Thanks for the positive feedback guys. As a first time author it is nerve wracking not knowing if people will like your work. It's a huge weight off my shoulders to hear folks find it interesting! I'll get the minor typos fixed soon. So far the whole process has far exceeded my expectations. It's been a lot of fun. If you have any questions, I'd be happy to answer them. Thanks again.

Josh
Posted By: Bulldogcoach3

Re: High Percentage Fishing... New book discussed on this website. - 01/24/16 02:45 PM

Just bought and read it also. Very good read.
Posted By: hamlet5

Re: High Percentage Fishing... New book discussed on this website. - 01/24/16 08:49 PM

Where can I get this book?
Posted By: Dean74

Re: High Percentage Fishing... New book discussed on this website. - 01/24/16 09:00 PM

Bought mine on Amazon looking forward to reading it

Re: High Percentage Fishing... New book discussed on this website. - 01/25/16 06:42 PM

Originally Posted By: hamlet5

The easiest place is on Amazon. Just search "High Percentage Fishing". If you are a prime member you can get free shipping. I should also have a kindle version up before the end of the week.
Posted By: Sparlin

Re: High Percentage Fishing... New book discussed on this website. - 01/25/16 06:56 PM

Just placed my order! Can't wait!
Posted By: Darryl

Re: High Percentage Fishing... New book discussed on this website. - 01/25/16 06:59 PM

Originally Posted By: Jpurdue
Originally Posted By: hamlet5

The easiest place is on Amazon. Just search "High Percentage Fishing". If you are a prime member you can get free shipping. I should also have a kindle version up before the end of the week.

Cool, I will spring for the Kindle version.
Posted By: JohnButte

Re: High Percentage Fishing... New book discussed on this website. - 01/25/16 07:07 PM

I have ordered in the hopes that this is the Moneyball of fishing.

Josh, have you considered who you want to play you in the movie?

Re: High Percentage Fishing... New book discussed on this website. - 01/25/16 09:22 PM

Haha, probably best just to stick with Jonah Hill.
Posted By: Stephen Phillips

Re: High Percentage Fishing... New book discussed on this website. - 01/26/16 04:18 AM

Just ordered and looking forward to reading it...
Posted By: 1hoghunter

Re: High Percentage Fishing... New book discussed on this website. - 02/07/16 04:03 PM

Very enjoyable read. Excellent data. Disproved a lot of myths. Now if I could only get my partner to read it. lol
Posted By: Do-Nothin

Re: High Percentage Fishing... New book discussed on this website. - 02/07/16 04:21 PM

Will be picking up a copy soon!
Posted By: JDJ01

Re: High Percentage Fishing... New book discussed on this website. - 02/07/16 05:28 PM

Read this last week x2. Good info and very good read for those who enjoy statictical data. Put some of the thoughts in this book to work this weekend
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum