Texas Fishing Forum

Plastic boat

Posted By: Mike Keenan

Plastic boat - 01/22/16 11:12 PM

I'm looking to buy a plastic boat to fish out of for ponds and other bodies of water... Does anyone have suggestions on a brand or where to start looking? I've seen the uncle bucks $799 at bass pro, are there other manufacturers?
Posted By: Fishing on a string

Re: Plastic boat - 01/22/16 11:15 PM

I have a bass buster one man registered and title I will sale for 200.00
Posted By: K.D.

Re: Plastic boat - 01/23/16 01:40 AM

Best in that price range is the Bass Hunter Bass baby. The flat sides make storing rods a breeze and they are built like a tank. The molded wheels make it easy to manuever.

Take it from someone who has had them all.

If you can find a bass tender 11.3 they are awesome as well. Elevated front deck and fishes like a bassboat. But only the 11.3 is laid out this way.
Posted By: Dr JL

Re: Plastic boat - 01/23/16 02:25 AM

Check out the ultra-skiff 360.
It's round, cool concept.
Posted By: JustWingem

Re: Plastic boat - 01/23/16 02:56 AM

I had the 11.3 Bass Tender it was perfect for small bodies of water. Even outfitted it for Duck hunting. Versatile, rugged and dependable.

Main issue was only a trolling motor the backend would try to pass you. I added a fixed rudder with a c clamp on the stern. Fixed the issue.

Storage compartments and live well made it less cluttered with tackle
Posted By: whitecapping

Re: Plastic boat - 01/23/16 03:47 AM

Have a 10.2 Basshound with a small trolling motor. Big enough for 2 and plenty of power for pond fishing. Got it off c-list.
Posted By: Frank the Tank

Re: Plastic boat - 01/23/16 05:04 AM

Pelican Bass Raider at Academy. They're 10 foot, very stable and I believe either $550 or $600 brand new
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum