Texas Fishing Forum

Opinions on Okuma Baitcasting Reels

Posted By: IKELEVI

Opinions on Okuma Baitcasting Reels - 01/17/16 03:05 PM

Anyone own or tried these? Dicks has them marked down right now.
Posted By: chas1

Re: Opinions on Okuma Baitcasting Reels - 01/17/16 03:17 PM

The salt water reels are high quality for sure.
Posted By: gatoreyes

Re: Opinions on Okuma Baitcasting Reels - 01/17/16 03:59 PM

For what it's worth, the finish on my spinning reel has not been durable.
Posted By: buggsboy

Re: Opinions on Okuma Baitcasting Reels - 01/17/16 04:06 PM

My reel repair guy went completely through a couple of different models of Okuma baitcasters when they first came out, and gave them two thumbs up as far as quality of parts and build. I have no idea how they fish.
Posted By: Flippin-Out

Re: Opinions on Okuma Baitcasting Reels - 01/17/16 04:08 PM

Cabelas sells Okuma baitcast reels with their own branding as the Cabelas Verano. (You can look at them and tell, and the specs appear identical.) I just noticed them in the Cabelas Bargain Cave last night for $99.99. The new year models are coming, so they are going to be clearing out the "old".....
Posted By: FMJshooter

Re: Opinions on Okuma Baitcasting Reels - 01/17/16 04:36 PM

I bought my father in law a $60 sale price one for his first baitcaster and was very impressed with it. extremely smooth and casts as good as the revos, citicas and Lews. Haven't pulled one apart to check out the guts yet though.
Posted By: BaylorBass

Re: Opinions on Okuma Baitcasting Reels - 01/17/16 05:57 PM

Wish you were closer to Austin, I would let you try some out. I have about a dozen of the Helios Air reels, several of the original Helios reels, a couple Komodo, two CTX, and another 8 of their helios spinning reels... needless to day I love them.

I think the quality is just as good as brands like Shimano or Abu, and the price is a heck of a lot better.
Posted By: IKELEVI

Re: Opinions on Okuma Baitcasting Reels - 01/17/16 10:00 PM

Thanks everyone, I appreciate it!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum