Texas Fishing Forum

Hubbard Creek, Breckenridge?

Posted By: Big Topwater13

Hubbard Creek, Breckenridge? - 01/17/16 04:13 AM

Has anyone been out there this week? I am wondering about water clarity. I am off work Monday and thinking about heading that way. Thanks

Re: Hubbard Creek, Breckenridge? - 01/17/16 05:31 PM

TTT
Posted By: Bugzout10

Re: Hubbard Creek, Breckenridge? - 01/17/16 06:49 PM

I was there New Year's Eve it was muddy up the lake by now it should be good, down by the dam wasn't too bad then should be good to go I would think

Re: Hubbard Creek, Breckenridge? - 01/18/16 02:07 AM

TTT
Posted By: WAWI

Re: Hubbard Creek, Breckenridge? - 01/18/16 02:08 AM

I drove over bridge yesterday. It was pretty muddy on that end.
Posted By: 9094

Re: Hubbard Creek, Breckenridge? - 01/18/16 03:44 AM

Fairly clear for a mile either direction from the dam. Water is very cold and fishing is tough. Take a jig and work the dam and the big point directly across from it.
Posted By: bassmanrudy

Re: Hubbard Creek, Breckenridge? - 03/13/16 01:53 PM

Was looking for info about this lake and found this post. My buddy went there yesterday and said he tried everything but the "kitchen sink" with no luck. He marked fish on his graph but didn't get any bites. I know the lake has seen a sustained "drought type" condition and is showing up as 14' low per TFWD site. Has anyone had any luck out there recently or any hints/advice? Thanks in advance!
Posted By: Stompy

Re: Hubbard Creek, Breckenridge? - 03/13/16 02:29 PM

I fished it Tuesday last week and caught a couple of dinks. As as stated above, tried lots of baits in various depths, very slow fishing right now.

Re: Hubbard Creek, Breckenridge? - 03/14/16 01:55 PM

Thanks for the reply Stompy! I think those lakes getting such a rise in water level has affected how they are acting. My buddy didn't mention water temps either so I don't have that to go off of. Maybe it will be worth the drive over there to fish Hubbard and possibly Leon and Possum Kingdom for a weekend!
Posted By: Jaguar6

Re: Hubbard Creek, Breckenridge? - 03/14/16 01:57 PM

PK is on fire right now! Go to the tournaments section and find "McMurry Bass Club Open on Possum Kingdom." It was this past Saturday the 12th. Check out the top 5 and big bass! Everybody we talked to caught a lot of fish and it sure was a great day!

Re: Hubbard Creek, Breckenridge? - 03/14/16 02:02 PM

Wow ya'll really got into them!! Top 5 all above 18lbs! I'll make sure to tell him that!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum